JimmyMcGoose

Anyone in Japan??

Strange question here! I’ve bought a new in box kit from Japan but they say they can’t ship the oil or grease! I have the option to have the whole lot posted to someone in Japan or split the parts and they’ll send the prohibited parts to someone local and the rest to me in the uk! 

Anyone able to help?

Thanks

Seems a bit odd. Tamiya and kyosho etc manage to get their new kits abroad to their overseas distributors and agents?

Is there not a box on a form to tick by the seller to say they are ok to ship? Or is this something specific to do with air freight?

It’s very strange! I’ve ordered 2 new in box kits through them, one seems to be fine but this one has been stopped. 

I bought a kit from Japan last year and had it shipped to Norway by air. Neither the damper oil or the grease should classify as dangerous goods. 

Does not sound right, I would probably ask for a refund at this point and cancel the purchase.

• Confused 1

Doesn't surprise me at all that they wont ship. During COVID the backlog of parcels leaving Japan seems to of made Japan Post tighten up heavily on what they consider to be Dangerous Goods. Now as a CAA authorised shipper I know they are not when in the Limited Quantities specified however there does seem to be no rhyme or reason to it. Batteries have always been difficult to get out but they tightened up heavily on everything else.

As a Tamiya nitro collector its become very hard to get engines (used or new), fuel tanks etc out of Japan. I have had to get creative,

If its a hard to get kit ask them to remove the oil and grease and ship without. They are easily replaced in the UK and generally plenty of people will have them available to replace kit items.

• Like 2