Sign in to follow this  
foz75

CC-01 body shell options?

I recently bought a CC-01 (finally!) as a project for me and my boys (but mainly for me :D ). One thing I definitely want to change is the body shell - I've just never really liked the standard "4x4" type shells, some of them are very detailed and I can appreciate them for that, they're just not my style. I've seen quite a few CC-01s that have been modded to take a sand scorcher / monster beetle shell, and that was my first idea since I have one on my blitzer beetle. But then the other day I found a youtube video of a CC-01 with Lancia Delta integrale body, and it got me thinking...  has anyone got any suggestions (with pics if possible) for other shells that can be made to work with the CC-01?  I'm not bothered about making it scale, but would like the shell to be a reasonably decent fit, so wheelbase aprox 265mm. thanks!

• Like 1

huh, I haven't thought of CC01 as the Lancia Delta Integrale material.  

But that's an excellent demonstration of how you can mod any RC car.  Sorry I don't know any specific body shell that'd be a perfect fit for CC01, aside from all the Tamiya CC01 shells.  

(below is a MAN truck body a Japanese dude slapped on, just as an example of what some people did.)

3aXpKtn.jpg

VN4cQU3.jpg

If big trucks are your cup of tea, Buggyra Fat Fox series shells might work. 

The wheelbase for TT01 is like 7-8mm shorter. But you'd have to cut the wheel wells larger anyway. 

YkMOguO.jpg

Hi have a Subaru Forester 2005-2009 shell that I was initially going to put on a CC-01, but will probably put on a MX-01F now. I think A-Plastics sell them.

12 hours ago, foz75 said:

I recently bought a CC-01 (finally!) as a project for me and my boys (but mainly for me :D ). One thing I definitely want to change is the body shell - I've just never really liked the standard "4x4" type shells, some of them are very detailed and I can appreciate them for that, they're just not my style. I've seen quite a few CC-01s that have been modded to take a sand scorcher / monster beetle shell, and that was my first idea since I have one on my blitzer beetle. But then the other day I found a youtube video of a CC-01 with Lancia Delta integrale body, and it got me thinking...  has anyone got any suggestions (with pics if possible) for other shells that can be made to work with the CC-01?  I'm not bothered about making it scale, but would like the shell to be a reasonably decent fit, so wheelbase aprox 265mm. thanks!

You can change the wheelbase on the cc-01 to 252mm or 242mm, only with the hot racing 4 links suspension you have on it, you can only change it to the 242mm wheelbase, you have a junfac driveshaft that one is for the shorter wheelbase so you can change it to 242mm so you have more options.
If you want a 252mm you must change the hot racing 4 link to stock tamiya or another brand like the yeah racing that do the 252mm wheelbase.

Thanks Danny! I still didn't do anything with it, other stuff got in the way :(

Will probably try with the beetle shell I have first, and see how it turns out 

Not really into trucks, but can see the potential for various options, it's just hard knowing which might work without having shells to actually try