amebbb

Setting up ESC issues - help !

Did you receive your new crystals ? , if you have , have you tried those ? The handset is deffo. a 27MHZ handset ?

UPDATE

so today i recieved a working used Tamiya TEU - 101bk ESC unit and a Acoms AR2/27 2ch reciever. Both units have been working well previously.

The handset (Transmitter) i am using is a Acoms Techniplus AP-202. This transmitter is working well too as i have tried and tested it on my other RC cars.

I set everything up and tried to program the esc as recommended. Nothing happened at all. I could not get the transmitter to pair with the reciever.

so, i tried changing the crystals. Once again these were tested on my other cars using the same Acoms transmitter and still nothing happened.

Now, can it be that i am using the wrong crystals? I am using 27.045Mhz crystals on both units.

Could it also be that i am setting up the ESC in the wrong way? I know its a simple setup procedure but for some reason its not working for me.

Any further help much appreciated.

Thanks

On 7/6/2021 at 7:26 PM, KEV THE REV said:

Did you receive your new crystals ? , if you have , have you tried those ? The handset is deffo. a 27MHZ handset ?

Sorry Kev i missed your reply. Yes i did recieve the crystals and yes the handset is on the 27mhz frequency.

(Having said that - later on today i will try another handset too - just to double check).

I have no clue, but does the receiver even turn on?  Meaning,  have you tried feeding the receiver 6V using the BATT terminal?

15 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I have no clue, but does the receiver even turn on?  Meaning,  have you tried feeding the receiver 6V using the BATT terminal?

it is hard to see if the reciever turns on as there are no LEDs to show its on. I have checked the voltage coming from the ESC. So i can only assume it does turn on.

Also, remember i have 3 ESC units and 3 recievers all the same that are not pairing.

So, i personally think it could be how i am trying to pair that may not be correct.?

thanks