TurnipJF

Turnip doesn't build a Heavy Dump

"SHERP" stickers, roof rack, lights and plates installed, just a few more accessories to add and then I'll call it done. 

2021-08-01_10-47-15

The problem shell continued to look awful even with attempts at weathering to hide the paint issues, so I have given up trying to paint it, and wrapped it in carbon effect vinyl instead:

2021-08-01_10-46-56

Not ideal as the fake weave is 1:1 scale, but it hides the dodgy paint and also provides some added strength, so is fine for the bashing shell I think. 

• Like 2

Apart from a few more roof rack accessories, I'm going to call this shell done:

2021-08-03_10-53-24

Note if you will the Russian license plates:

2021-08-03_10-52-47

Once I have the roof track suitably stocked, it will be time to take it outside for some proper photos. 

• Like 3

The basher shell is almost finished too:

2021-08-03_10-51-51

Just a few more stickers to go. I'll leave this one without a roof rack for now. 

• Like 1

Great looking body shell. I hope you have a swamp near you, to drive it in its natural habitat.;)

• Like 1

Another roof rack accessory arrived today thanks to my wife who found it on a trip into town:

2021-08-04_10-06-29

• Like 1

I was ok until you posted the snek...

:unsure: :shivers:

Great build though! I am worried about all those ancilleries, being the owner of a gf-01 and knowing how rollie pollie they can be 😄

• Like 1

Yikes, who knew ball pythons now grow to +50ft long! Evolution is super scary, you must have run the truck in one too many marshes...

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2021 at 8:46 PM, berman said:

I was ok until you posted the snek...

:unsure: :shivers:

Great build though! I am worried about all those ancilleries, being the owner of a gf-01 and knowing how rollie pollie they can be 😄

She is a very sweet-natured snek, non-venomous and extremely docile, with tiny teeth that do less harm than a cat scratch, that you are unlikely to ever experience a bite from as she rolls into a ball when ****htened rather than striking out.

I share your concern regarding the accessories though. To this end, the chassis has three shells with different levels of ornamentation. Fully accessorised for display on the shelf, mildly accessorised for gentle running and non-accessorised for enthusiastic running.

2021-08-23_12-18-22

• Like 3

I have no doubt, and I am fascinated by them, but they still give me the willies 😬 So glad I live in a country where I don't have to worry about them, or display my lack of manliness if a 'nope rope' appeared out of the grass 😄

Wow, three bodies! That's a solution right there! 😎

• Like 1