Tamiya1973

Is the new Tamiya 45070 TBLE-04SR Brushless ESC (sensored) same as the...................?

Is the new Tamiya 45070 TBLE-04SR Brushless ESC (sensored) same as the Tamiya 45069 TBLE-04S with Tamiya 45063 TFU-01 ESC Cooling Fan Unit?

Thank you in advance.

I came here with this same question. 

From a bit of research on the Tamiya USA site I believe they are the same other than the fan, also the SR says "Racing" on the front edge and the motor wires are black. 

Possibly has slightly thicker wires - and looks like it includes a sensor cable for brushless motors. 

Would be interested to know more about this - it's listed on Tamico as coming in July - so hopefully someone will get one and report back soon :-)

Wish they had a blinky mode... 

I don't have any experience with this ESC but according to the specs, the cheaper (but reliable) Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL120 ($47) will out perform the Tamiya. The TBLE04SR ($89) only has a maximum current of 70A, claiming that it can handle 15.5 & 21.5 turns motors. But I seriously doubt it can hold on to 6 minutes track races.

Oh the huge 80s style switch is such a turnoff. :lol:

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 6:18 AM, Nicadraus said:

I don't have any experience with this ESC but according to the specs, the cheaper (but reliable) Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL120 ($47) will out perform the Tamiya. The TBLE04SR ($89) only has a maximum current of 70A, claiming that it can handle 15.5 & 21.5 turns motors. But I seriously doubt it can hold on to 6 minutes track races.

Oh the huge 80s style switch is such a turnoff. :lol:

Totally agree. I'll use it for something if it comes with a kit; definitely wouldn't spend any money on one. The first thing I'd do is remove the switch all together.

The 10BL120 would be a screamin' deal at $89. Definitely punches above it's weight class, and it's reliability and performance are good enough that quite a few serious racers use them.

• Like 1