Misterp180

Mini Garden Track Project

0AF8636E-90F4-4195-88D2-808E79F013DB.thumb.jpeg.4dba3448b825a456dad6b2deac419893.jpeg

Homebrew spray booth is out today! Found a primer can in the workshop so that is going on first. Hopefully it helps the next coat stick!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Misterp180 said:

E8F2658D-DEDB-4DC2-B054-D2BF44C5735E.thumb.jpeg.44e0b4580b3ae7b4f5c561f7874d0119.jpeg

Made these this evening. Going to build some moveable tyre wall chicanes out of them. I need to find a way of tying the together and I want to paint the stacks red and white.

I have some white paint left over from previous builds but I need to get some red over the weekend. If this works I’ll be needed many more knackered tyres for the  outside of the turns!

I like the idea :-)

Now that being said, I have a bunch of skate  cones I used to place on the road to mark a track for my kids. Sadly, they don't respect the track limits. and it is even worse, they move the track with the cars at the first occasion... Only way to do would be to find a way to fix them to the ground, and it is easier said than done...

8 hours ago, silvertriple said:

I like the idea :-)

Now that being said, I have a bunch of skate  cones I used to place on the road to mark a track for my kids. Sadly, they don't respect the track limits. and it is even worse, they move the track with the cars at the first occasion... Only way to do would be to find a way to fix them to the ground, and it is easier said than done...

I have a cunning plan…. If it works!! Hopefully easier on the dirt track.

0576278A-6E52-4A39-AE7F-0AD7A36D94DC.thumb.jpeg.e9424c3d8ca7a737a87ad5ed50a8c391.jpeg

Been a busy weekend but I found some time to finish painting these tyres and I managed to get some time up on the track fitting the land pipe.

D6889F50-0335-4BF3-B4BC-FB6564815D11.jpeg.25571a8df169a4ad5fa6da94c654b4e3.jpeg

I am pleased with how it has turned out. I need to finish some of the edges and I am going to fill the centre with wild flowers for next season. 
Practice laps when well with the DT-03. I’ll post a video once finished editing! 

• Like 3

6D5F653F-1EF4-401B-AAA4-8060490C96DB.thumb.jpeg.03c693fc95b0ef16bafb72e645132b81.jpeg

Had some friends round at the weekend and we got out on the track. My buddy has a 12yo lad who preferred the stick controller (like the PlayStation 😂) and we spent a good half an hour racing. 

I ended up in a lunchbox hunting them down best I could but it was a great afternoon and exactly what I built the track for! 

• Like 3

I’ve really enjoyed this thread. I love your track, simple layout but I’m sure quite tricky to drive fast. I would love something like this but our garden has to cope with up to 7 dogs as we home board and the chance of missed 💩 pickups!!

• Haha 1

@Busdriver I am lucky we only have one dog and she is banned from the track area. First time up she started digging 😂!

The track is extremely tricky to drive fast. The pipe has helped with the confidence as there is less risk of hitting the trees now. I am also trying to protect the big house further up the track as there are bricks in there which will be rather unforgiving to novice drivers!

Thanks for the positive encouragement and I have plenty of ideas for next season! First job is to finish my chicane.

• Like 3

FF2B5B73-386C-4F0C-B80A-228C24C471B6.thumb.jpeg.0d80e20f37b1fa092c86a628eb6c81da.jpeg

3F704067-F24C-45C9-8C08-92ADB8E1F23A.thumb.jpeg.c62d604d6f0c9ec3f881a676b873b042.jpeg

Used some of the spare tubing this evening to protect the bug house and keep any cars out of the bottom flower bed near the grape vine. Next project for the track is clean up and some more dirt between the cherry tree and the kicker. I want to try and get as many stones out of the track and then whack the dirt down to compress as much as possible. 

During rainy days I need to finish the tyre chicane although I am not sure where that is going now!

• Like 3

Hello everyone,

I am back for another season of backyard fun this year with a new improved track! We have upgraded from a loop to a figure of 8!! I know… super high tech 😂

There is also a jump in place for this season using some skateboard ramps and some plastic matting I had knocking about the garden. The track is very much a work in progress but it should provide plenty of amusement this spring/summer. 

I do have bigger plans going into 2023 but more about that later. Please enjoy the video below all about how I am going to run the cars and how this years leaderboard will work.

Hope those interested enjoy the content.

• Like 6

Final test run of the season! You can see the evolution of the track also on my YouTube channel, playlist below:

OAG Track Season 2

• Like 2

We are back out on the track now as the weather here in the UK has become fair. This week it was the Vintage Kyosho Raider from the late 80s. My first RC car and I love that I can still drive it today. 

• Like 2

Time for a real contender to the Hot Lap! The TT02B was last years fastest time and I have high expectations as to how it is going to perform this year! Let’s see how she goes 🔥

My first RC build when getting back into the hobby in 2021 hits the track this week. Will it beat the TT-02b to the top of the leaderboard??

CW-01 chassis gets another go on the Orchard Raceway with the Midnight Pumpkin. This one has some nice oil filled shocks and a chassis brace… but does any of that actually make any difference??

Not with my driving 😂

• Like 1

So in what feels like an age since posting last years updates I will try and do a better job this season. You can see last years finale in the video below:

This year is a slightly different format with all the cars going into a pot and being drawn out FA Cup style! We have a few new runners this year including a DF03, Cougar Classic, Thunder Dragon, Madcap/Astute hybrid and Kyosho Ultima. It really is a RC fleet my 10 year old self would be proud of!! See the draw for round 1 below:

Then for those that are interested here is the track layout for 2023. The jump has gone (too many wrecks and repairs) and the track is close to the original loop now with some more technical chicanes through the middle section. Lots of bumps and undulations to unseat the cars like back in the day!

Hope you enjoy following along with the action this year and I will attempt to keep everything posted here as we go. Who is your money on for 2023? My heart says Cougar or Madcap but my head says the TT02B will be hard to beat!

• Like 4

For those that are interested here is the link to the Madcap restore project:

My favourite project to date and the final model is sublime to drive. 

• Like 2

The H.A.M project video was fascinating. Loved seeing all the little problems you found as you took it apart and how you solved them as you rebuilt. Great stuff. And that paint job on the body works a treat, spectacular finish.

• Thanks 1

@Gebbly many thanks dude! Project H.A.M was a super custom build supported by an awesome forum member! The drive is incredible and it is one for me to tune and tinker over the future too! Thanks for checking it out 👍🏻

ROUND 1 MATCH 1

Rising Fighter vs DT03 Neo Fighter

Let’s enjoy the opening time trial action on the Orchard Raceway 2023

• Like 2