Lunchy

1/10 NSU TT Jagermeister FWD M-05

Looking at getting this kit... 1/10 NSU TT Jagermeister FWD M-05... and wanted to reach out to you guys to see what oil dampers I get for this... also what bearings to get.  For bearings I found these.. https://www.fasteddybearings.com/tamiya-m-05-chassis-sealed-bearing-kit/... would that be the right ones.

For the dampers are the same for all of the M Chassi?

Thanks!

You can do a search for "5x11x4mm bearings" and you'll find that they are about $3-$4 for 10.  You can do search for "5x8x2.5mm bearings" too.  But if don't have a bunch of chassis to build, getting a bearing set would be simpler.   

I use Yeah Racing Touring car dampers for my M-chassis.  I got three 55mm sets for M05, M06 and M07.  But I think a 50mm set would fit also, if you want it to ride lower.  I fitted M06 chassis to NSU TT Jagermeister. 

rHs1jZQ.jpg

If you want to bother with it, you can mask the gap on the trunk, so it would look like an open trunk instead of using black stickers.

It's got a lot of stickers on raised surfaces.  Heating the stickers with a hair dryer was useful.  Even so, I drew silver using a Molotow pen on the inside of the raised silver trimming. If the stickers peel after a rollover, it'd still have silver.   

F6qdX4R.jpg

mTpyB9g.jpg

Painting the inside black didn't work out well for me.  I have a spot that's showing black sputters.  (I painted several layers of orange first, white layer second, and 3rd color was black)  After this shell, I'm only backing with white. (that makes the orange vibrant)  

Best of luck with yours!  

• Like 2

Great stuff... thank you.

I saw that the kit also comes with slick tires.  Are there any tire with tread that you can get for this kit?

Thanks!

Buy pit shimizu racing slick tires. They come in soft medium and hard. Great tire.

or tamiya radial tires in 55mm dia.

pit shimizu is also 55mm.

6 hours ago, Lunchy said:

Are there any tire with tread that you can get for this kit?

Any M-sized tires would work.  

My M-06 came with these. (It was Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint) 

6jzu0Fd.jpg

You can look for "Tamiya M-Chassis tire." Tamiya has 7-8 compounds in this tread pattern. There must be some catalog about the compounds, but I wasn't able to find them.  

I don't know what compound below 50683 tires are. (since they are the cheapest, maybe hard and slippery?)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124565161022?epid=691458210&hash=item1d00a9843e:g:CPYAAOSw~pNgIX7M

54995 "Soft" compound costs a bit more. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274756427682?epid=2316817700&hash=item3ff8c25fa2:g:Y3gAAOSws3BgdKwn

50684 is medium, "M-grip" tires. 

53254 is "S-grip."  (I'm thinking it's super-grip)  They grip better (but wears out faster too).  At least, I think these are worth paying a few more dollars for. I have absolutely no idea if it's better or worse than 54995 "soft."  

M06 has motor in the back. The tail tends to slip away from you.  But supergrip helps a lot.   You might want either supergrip or soft for the front of M05.   I think my M06 came with M-grip for the front and S-grip for the rear. 

This is awesome stuff.  I assume that there are wheels I can buy also.  If so... what adhesive do you use to glue the tires to the wheels?

Thanks!