shenlonco

Fast Attack Vehicle.. YOU WILL BELIEVE!

Im always surprised how well the suspension looks like it works on these considering how basic it is. Runs really nicely.

• Like 1

I recently bought a used WildOne at a super bargain price which was a shelf queen by the prior owner so it had no scratch or any wear.  However, the front dampers were set up pretty stiff (not sure if that is the factory setting) and understeered like crazy, no sense of rotating the rear using throttle.

I didn't like the tall front height either, so decided to dump all the oil out of the front dampers and limited the suspension travel by near 10mm.  Took it out for a drive and now it drives like it should with proper weight distribution to the front.  Nice modulated turns using throttle too.

The front dampers do not need much damping on this chassis so I'd leave the pogo-stick suspension on the front.

Check out my Fast Time Attack Vehicle in my signature link if you'd like.

51 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Im always surprised how well the suspension looks like it works on these considering how basic it is. Runs really nicely.

😁👍Yes very well for a classic buggy indeed! Thanks

31 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I recently bought a used WildOne at a super bargain price which was a shelf queen by the prior owner so it had no scratch or any wear.  However, the front dampers were set up pretty stiff (not sure if that is the factory setting) and understeered like crazy, no sense of rotating the rear using throttle.

I didn't like the tall front height either, so decided to dump all the oil out of the front dampers and limited the suspension travel by near 10mm.  Took it out for a drive and now it drives like it should with proper weight distribution to the front.  Nice modulated turns using throttle too.

The front dampers do not need much damping on this chassis so I'd leave the pogo-stick suspension on the front.

Yeah Pogo sticks up front with my mod of gluing a tamiya rubber O ring under the shock tower works pretty good or adapting the hornet rubber O ring holder that goes under the shock towers works also.

Seeing that makes ever more hopeful we get another run of these fine Buggy’s 😉

Another great clip Shenlonco 💥

Have you got any Wild One footage you can share as well please? 

That looks great fun, and it's such a good-looking vehicle.

I've still not built mine after having it for 2 years or so. I really don't want another military vehicle, and was going to do some kind of civillian version. But it just looks so good in military colours. I don't know what to do now. :blink:

11 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Seeing that makes ever more hopeful we get another run of these fine Buggy’s 😉

Yes they are great buggies for sure! 😁👍Why I own 2 of these ones.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Another great clip Shenlonco 💥

Have you got any Wild One footage you can share as well please? 

Hi I am Sorry I have two fast attacks no wild ones in the stable. 

6 hours ago, Fuijo said:

That looks great fun, and it's such a good-looking vehicle.

I've still not built mine after having it for 2 years or so. I really don't want another military vehicle, and was going to do some kind of civillian version. But it just looks so good in military colours. I don't know what to do now. :blink:

😁👍 Yes I know what you mean, I have 2 of these the one in this video and a custom painted one in my screen name photo... either way you do them up they always look good!

4 hours ago, shenlonco said:

Hi I am Sorry I have two fast attacks no wild ones in the stable. 

No need to apologise!

The FAV clips are excellent 👍

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Superluminal said:

I like earlier suspensions too. XR311 is my favorite when it comes to oldies but goodies suspension. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

I do believe !! Rooster fest !!  I love gravel drifts

😁👍 It looked so good...I need more top view action for sure! Thanks

• Like 1