Sign in to follow this  
pulpedyams

Restoration of Tamiya Blackfoot Mini 4WD Jr

Hi all

I'm currently in the process of restoring a Blackfoot Mini 4WD Jr (1/32) to go alongside my regular Blackfoot and wondered if anyone knows where i could source parts for my 1/32 such as:

- Side clips (they hold the body onto the chassis)

- Wheel covers x 2 (for side wheelies - i have 2 but 2 are missing)

- Back bar for wheelies

- Roof lights

- Battery Cover

- Unused decals (mainly just for the side)

Ideally if someone in the UK has a broken one or parts that they could sell me that would be helpful. I am aware i could buy a new one from Japan but there is no nostalgia in new!

I also believe that most of the parts above aren't exclusive to Blackfoot Jr and could be on midnight pumpkin/clod buster/ lunchbox etc.

I've also been scouring ebay and dont really want to break up a new or good condition one just for a few parts.

If you can help, then please get in touch. Many thanks for your time.

My Blackfoot Jr.jpeg

Blackfoot Jr #2.jpeg

• Like 1

You can buy a re-release lunchbox for around £20 which will have all the parts you need. (Not sure about the lights?)

It won't be a waste, because I am sure you'll find a use for a spare lunchbox body?. You could have a runner and a shelfer..

• Like 1

And then, you'll need spares for the re-release that you just bought.. and the circle, goes round and round. 

Lunchbox slot car would be a cool way to use the "spare" body.

MCI may do decals?. I don't fancy your chances of finding a new set.. I've never used them but apparently they will do custom requests, or just shrink the original decal. 

There are still a few of the original Wild mini 4wd's available new that I know of 

Nissan king cab

Lunchbox

Mammoth dumper

Toyota Hilux monster racer.

Wildsaurus.

There maybe a few more that I have forgotten about but I wouldn't feel bad about getting one of those just for parts 

I may have some of the bits you need, I'll have a look tonight..

Brlliant thanks for looking. Thats what i was thinking - if i got a new lunchbox then i'd want to keep it that way, although a good suggestion. Unfortunately all the ones i see on ebay have these parts missing/broken in exactly the same way mine did when i was a kid, and obviously wasn't as careful as i am now i'm (a lot) older!

On 7/13/2021 at 2:19 PM, wolfdogstinkus said:

And then, you'll need spares for the re-release that you just bought.. and the circle, goes round and round. 

This is how my Tamiya life goes :lol:

10 hours ago, vanpeebles said:

This is how my Tamiya life goes :lol:

"We're captive on a carousel of Tamiya", 😁

Joni Mitchell, almost..

On 7/13/2021 at 11:53 PM, pulpedyams said:

Brlliant thanks for looking. Thats what i was thinking - if i got a new lunchbox then i'd want to keep it that way, although a good suggestion. Unfortunately all the ones i see on ebay have these parts missing/broken in exactly the same way mine did when i was a kid, and obviously wasn't as careful as i am now i'm (a lot) older!

I bought one of the Lunchbox Mini-4WD from RCMart a couple of months ago, just so I could have a Lunchbox at every scale. I think the roof lights were on a common sprue, so you would get your rooflights from a Lunchbox kit. Of course you would need to buy two Lunchbox kits, so you could get your rooflights and have a Lunchbox as well!

Eventually i bought a lunchbox from Plaza Japan for cheap, liked the look of it too much to break, so decided to sell my original blackfoot mini for spares/repair, and got an identical retro blackfoot mini with all the bits on it.