Super ally

Expensive kits vs cheap kits.

19 hours ago, Super ally said:

I would like an avante but i know i would be afraid to run it as its so much more money than a hornet.What are your thoughts on this.

Just get the thing and run it somewhere open where you won't encounter; rocks, trees, fences, brickwalls, kerbs, cars, trailers, BBQs, clotheslines, swimming pools, lawnmowers, pots, steps, dogs and dog ****, and your dickhead brother trying to run it over on his BMX.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I run all mine, but hold back a couple for when its just my son an me. I have TT02B's and a lunchbox which are available for anyone to run, they have been rebuilt a few times but since they're made of rubber they don't break much, more bounce. The rere's get run reasonably often, and I like running anything except the Lunchbox. Its so bad, my son can geat me when I run the Lunchbox and he runs anything else.

My kits also are stock with necessary hop ups (bearings mostly, MIP diff for ORV etc) with a couple of exceptions, which just reinforce the idea its best to buy what you heed (TRF) and not start with something else and upgrade to TRF spec.

The most expensive kits are also the most durable, HB D418, Ae B6D. Those things take so much abuse and very rarely break. Best bashers out there

• Like 2

On 7/13/2021 at 11:35 PM, Saito2 said:

I count myself as being soooo lucky I didn't break anything on my childhood Vanquish back in the day. I got it on closeout so it was already on its way out. To the best of my recollection, I don't ever remember seeing any MRC/Tamiya spares for it either in the hobby shops I frequented. Stocking all those spares for those many varied chassis' Tamiya had back then probably wasn't easy. The cheaper, more popular cars (Hornets/Lunchies/ORVs) always had spares though. 

Perhaps its not much different now. High volume re-res that hang around forever like the Hornet/Grasshopper/Lunch Box always get good parts support. Kit breakers fill in the rest. Whittling your main "new" buggies down to the DT03 and TT02B makes parts support easier. Traxxas wasn't dumb with their Bandit/Rustler/Stampede trio.

I usually use the variation "the cat's meow" or, if in more vulgar settings, the cat's, um, "rear end" shall we say.

For dog owners out there the “Dogs b@ll&cks”

• Haha 1

I'm a 100% cheap car guy. 

I want something that is durable, that has lots of spares, and that I'm not afraid to run.

• Like 4

On 7/20/2021 at 4:38 AM, Nikko85 said:

I'm a 100% cheap car guy. 

I think I am too. 

I have 2 NIB kits.  XV01 and MF01X.  I've been daydreaming about building MF-01X, even though XV01 is the one that I've been wanting for years.  Is it because XV01 costs twice as much?  It's not like I don't appreciate the sophisticated chassis.  But a simple cheap chassis feels less "serious."  It's more like a toy that I can simply have fun bashing.   

41WiFRe.jpg

I love the precision of DN01 Zahhak chassis. I enjoyed every minute of building it.  I thought I was looking forward to building XV01. For some reason, I'm not.  I don't care about the new in the box state.  So my ambivalence is baffling to myself. 

I'm not going to mod anything to XV01, not even a motor upgrade.  Maybe that's letting a lot of steam out.  

• Like 1