Sign in to follow this  
Juggular

Jazhobby in operation?

I did buy several times from Jaz hobby (Hong Kong, I think) over the years. They were fine. I'm trying to get a couple of items on ebay from them now.  But no reply on combined shipping. 

Seems unusual for them. Does anybody know if they are in operation?  Have they been hit hard by Covid19 and don't have enough manpower?  You never know these days.  

Have you tried to look them up outside of ebay? I may be confusing it with another distributor, but I think that not too long ago (after covid started) I was looking up Jaz hobby for the same reason and found out they are still active, they're just not on ebay anymore. Who knows, if they are, they might even be cheaper on their own website.

• Like 1

I believe Jazz hobby on ebay and rcjaz.com are one and the same. I order from them all the time, and as long as you order several items, shipping is not that bad.

• Like 3

they are the same, The ebay link for jazz hobby shows rc jaz when you are sent to ebay

• Like 1

I just bought an item from JazHobby on eBay and it arrived in a timely fashion. No problems. Not sure about communications though. 

• Like 1

Only knowen issue, if they have one article not in stock but it still shows up available, they are a bit complicated with refund. I am not the credit guy, I want to pay what I get.
It took me some very direct emails to tell them how things should work ( shipping per gramm but if half of the order is not available, still wanted to to charge full shipping).

So its okay if its okay but if there are any issues they can be a bit... you know...

• Like 2

They finally got back to me.  But no combined shipping.  I was going to order a few more items.  Glad I didn't.  I'll limit purchases from Jazhobby on ebay.  

But I'll keep an eye out for RC jaz. If the shipping fee is reasonable from their own site, I might use them.  

14 hours ago, Juggular said:

They finally got back to me.  But no combined shipping.  I was going to order a few more items.  Glad I didn't.  I'll limit purchases from Jazhobby on ebay.  

But I'll keep an eye out for RC jaz. If the shipping fee is reasonable from their own site, I might use them.  

I find rcjaz to be really good, thats their website not ebay. RCMart generally have cheaper shipping for kits, but RCJaz have some great deals and are generally better for parts. Recently I got TRF SSBB dampers for NZD85, a few other bits and shipping was about NZD20. Those dampers are about USD85 on rcmart, or Eur95 from Tamico. Even if shipping was a bit higher the lower purchase price makes up for it. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I find rcjaz to be really good, thats their website not ebay.

Impressions are strange.  I wasn't sure if I was going to like them. But you are the second person saying that their own website is fine.  So I'll just avoid their ebay store and give their store a chance! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Juggular said:

Impressions are strange.  I wasn't sure if I was going to like them. But you are the second person saying that their own website is fine.  So I'll just avoid their ebay store and give their store a chance! 

Any RC seller that sells Bruisers for less than $600 can't be all bad. I bought my LB black edition (and a red edition by mistake! Story for another time) from them, in addition to countless spare parts and hopups. All went through without a hitch, and this is not long ago. I still deal with them regularly.

• Thanks 1

I've bought stuff from both the RCJaz website and their ebay store in the past month or so. They are still active, with good prices and pretty quick shipping to Australia.

I’m glad to hear they are still in operation, 

I bought my allow body posts for my MP from them, and, if I get another MP or a lunchbox their body mounts will be one of the first mods to go in it. 

Another vote here for the official rcjazz site, got loads of bits from them for the CC02 and a few bits for my XV01 without issue, they are comparible to rcmart for service and shipping IMO

Tried the ebay shop once and didn't go as well. Never been pinged by customs though on any order from them other than on a kit (as opposed to just parts).