TurboRSR

TurboRSR's Kyosho Turbo Scorpion

Finished my Turbo Scorpion yesterday. Got into the hobby end of last year when I bought a Tamiya Porsche 934 Turbo RSR Black Edition kit from Japan. Before the Porsche had arrived I also bought a Tamiya Sand Scorcher 2010 from a webstore here in Norway, they had only one left so I was afraid to miss it ^_^. Shortly after I discovered Kyosho's Legendary Series and bought a Turbo Scorpion, which is the one I have now finished. I have never owned or built a hobby grade RC before, so it's a lot to get into. 

The Turbo Scorpion are built with a Hobbywing EzRun 3652 G2 3300KV motor, EzRun Max10 ESC, Savox SC-1251MG Black Edition Servo, Futaba R203GF receiver, RC Channel front bumper and stainless steel screw set.  
Spent so much money on alloy parts for the Sand Scorcher so I wanted to keep this a bit more stock. 

unnamed-Resized.jpg

unnamed-2-Resized.jpg

unnamed-1-Resized.jpg

unnamed-3-Resized.jpg

unnamed-7-Resized.jpg

unnamed-10-Resized.jpg

unnamed-12-Resized.jpg

unnamed-14-Resized.jpg

• Like 8

Nice Turbo Scorpion :-D. I really like mine. The only problem I have with this machine, is once built : I added a few Kyosho kits to my wish list :-D and they are generally more expensive than Tamiya ones...

• Like 1

Love the plated wheels in the first pics, old school cool

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TurboRSR said:

Finished my Turbo Scorpion yesterday. Got into the hobby end of last year when I bought a Tamiya Porsche 934 Turbo RSR Black Edition kit from Japan. Before the Porsche had arrived I also bought a Tamiya Sand Scorcher 2010 from a webstore here in Norway, they had only one left so I was afraid to miss it ^_^. Shortly after I discovered Kyosho's Legendary Series and bought a Turbo Scorpion, which is the one I have now finished. I have never owned or built a hobby grade RC before, so it's a lot to get into. 

The Turbo Scorpion are built with a Hobbywing EzRun 3652 G2 3300KV motor, EzRun Max10 ESC, Savox SC-1251MG Black Edition Servo, Futaba R203GF receiver, RC Channel front bumper and stainless steel screw set.  
Spent so much money on alloy parts for the Sand Scorcher so I wanted to keep this a bit more stock. 

unnamed-Resized.jpg

unnamed-2-Resized.jpg

unnamed-1-Resized.jpg

unnamed-3-Resized.jpg

unnamed-7-Resized.jpg

unnamed-10-Resized.jpg

unnamed-12-Resized.jpg

unnamed-14-Resized.jpg

That is sweet! random question but how do you spiral the electronic wires like that?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

That is sweet! random question but how do you spiral the electronic wires like that?

take a pen, and put the wire around the pen.... just stress it a little bit and it will keep the form when you remove the pen.

• Like 1

If the wire is not staying coiled after winding, try heating it a little with a hair dryer or heat gun (be gentle - don't melt stuff!) while wrapping it around a screwdriver to "set" the plastic insulation in the wires and it will stay coiled a bit better.

• Like 1

Been away on vacation for a bit over a week now, brought the Turbo Scorpion with me so I could test it. It's quite a handfull with the 3300KV motor, but lots of fun. 
I also have a set of Pro-Line Sand Paw 2.0 and 4-Rib for running in the sand, they worked perfect!

unnamed-15-Resized.jpg

unnamed-16-Resized.jpg

• Like 7