Sign in to follow this  
SuperChamp82

MFC 02 - RC Compatibility

Afternoon all,

I’ve ordered an MFC 02 kit for a Mountain Rider build with my daughter and somewhat hurriedly (admittedly after a glass …) bought the recommended Futaba 4YWD RC set.

A little Sun avo reading now suggests the 2.4 version I’ve bought won’t work with the MFC 02 ? 

Is that right ?

Or am I spared flipping it on eBay ? 🙄

If I’m stuffed, what’s the best alternative RC as the 4YWD AM version that apparently works fine seems hens teeth to find ?

Which sort of makes the MFC 02 an amazing, dead duck ! 

In fact, maybe I’ll sell it and keep the Futaba 😂

Thanks in advance,

SC 

Not sure with the MFC-02, but with the MFC-01 there was a running change, where it went from compatability with the 27mhz 4VWD to the 2.4ghz 4YWD. 

I have a early MFC-01 where it won't function with a 2.4ghz unit, I have kept my 2 old 4VWDs, and am putting the old MFC-01 in a truck at the moment, rather than not use it at all. 

I am not sure where the MFC-02 sits with this changeover. I highly doubt you could buy a MFC-02 That's been sitting on the shelf long enough that you would require finding/purchasing an older 4VWD now anyway. I would assume you would be safe. Have you opened the instruction booklet? I think one of my newer MFC-01s had a pink leaflet in it, that told me it was to be used with the 4YWD 2.4ghz system...

• Like 1

I had so much trouble trying to get the MFC-01 to work with the digital trims that I never tried to make them work on my MFC-02 units.  I’ll be curious to see if you can get them to work  

• Like 1

So it looks like the MFC is 2.4Ghz - pic attached of the box side ?

Its citing the 2.4Ghz Futaba 4YWD as compatible but the 4YWD set I bought has a newer RX: R214 GF-E not the R204 GF-T recommended / pic attached ?

Does anyone know the difference between the RX ? @Shodog @berman

And if I’m likely ok ?

CD9C629D-DF80-4A74-B287-AD30075A1BE4.jpeg

F695BEA5-C4CD-4BA3-A62A-7684686F81C2.jpeg

You will be fine. 

Plug it all up on the table (incl speaker but sans LEDS) with a battery and do the end point setup. Bet it goes.

• Like 1