tamiya_1971

Blackfoot anti-roll/stabilizer bar - trailing arms

I know the trailing arms on the Blackfoot/Beetle where the shock attaches is a weak point. I have four of these on a couple vehicles that have hairline cracks. The prices on the parts tree currently are ridiculous.

Looking on eBay (from rc-go seller https://www.ebay.com/itm/141364629734), I found this listing that "may" extend the life of the trailing arms. Maybe using this, drilling out the trailing arm for a screw and a nut may extend the life a bit (less pressure avoiding a self-tapping screw). 

I know that there is one from AmPro, but I'm looking at this option as well. 

Anyone here have any experience with this part? Any thoughts? 

DJrhMqK.jpg

• Like 2

I haven’t tried that one but have the Ampro along with a Trinity sway bar on my Hot Trick Monster Beetle.   The Ampro piece is engineered very well to go over the screw bosses on the arm for more strength and they look a little nicer.  I used a machine screw & nut like you mentioned.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Frog Prince…. Mmmm…

Personslly, I didn’t think very highly of the vintage Trinity versions. I bought the newer style as shown in the first post but decided I had too much stuff already mounted to the tranny.

While the Trinity one has the sway bar length needed, the contact point on the swing arm doesn’t really lift the sway bar rather just rotating forward and away. It looks like the newer version has picked a better contact point, ie over the rear axle, but I’m not sure the bar has the length (ie leverage) to really work??? 

One day I’ll mount it and try it out…

Terry

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

Frog Prince…. Mmmm…

Personslly, I didn’t think very highly of the vintage Trinity versions. I bought the newer style as shown in the first post but decided I had too much stuff already mounted to the tranny.

While the Trinity one has the sway bar length needed, the contact point on the swing arm doesn’t really lift the sway bar rather just rotating forward and sway. It looks like the newer version has picked a better contact point, ie over the rear axle, but I’m not sure the bar has the length (ie leverage) to really work??? 

Terry

I went ahead and ordered one.  I should have it sometime between beginning of August and mid-September. :unsure:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, tamiya_1971 said:

I went ahead and ordered one.  I should have it sometime between beginning of August and mid-September. :unsure:

Hopefully it comes sooner!  I see they have a front stabilizer as well.  Have had my eye on these.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

Frog Prince…. Mmmm…

While the Trinity one has the sway bar length needed, the contact point on the swing arm doesn’t really lift the sway bar rather just rotating forward and sway. It looks like the newer version has picked a better contact point, ie over the rear axle, but I’m not sure the bar has the length (ie leverage) to really work??? 

Terry

Yeah, I like the Red Prince..working on two of them.   I really haven’t tried out the Trinity sway bar..  That build is a shelfer, of course, and trying to keep it vintage.   The new design does look like it would be more effective.  I would like to hear what you guys think of it.