Sign in to follow this  
TamiyAddict362

Tamiya's 45th RC Anniversary - Another TA02SW Porsche 934 yet another livery

Source from Tamiyablog.

Time flies. 5 years.

Is Tamiya running out of ideas? In 5 years' time, same body, same chassis, just put in another decal sheet and call it another memorial model.

I know, Booooring. Surprised they did not slap "Avante" in the title somewhere to bump up sales.

• Haha 6

Not to mention the wheelbase problem: a 230mm wheelbase shell on a 236mm chassis.

See if Tamiya will have a new mould for the body, or a pair of new revised arms to shorten the wheelbase. But I bet the answers to both would be negative. (They would have already made these 5 years ago if they had been willing to do so.)

Somehow as a Tamiya addict I'm quite disappointed to see this. Even less excited than the recent TA02 Opel re-release which at least is something "new" in 20 years' time, not repeating the same thing in 5 years.

• Like 2

I'm happy. Missed out on the last ones so I'm going to get this one.

I had a feeling that if I waited long enough they would come round again :D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting.  Last time around they looked like a great build but were a bit out of budget and RC plans at the time.

They're still out of budget and RC plans but at least I can now dream about something I can have, not something I can't have.

5 years time and we get to see what the big 50th anniversary model will be :o 

• Like 1

I agree with the others about the wheelbase issue. Tamiya could have easily fixed it with a shortened specially silk screened anniversary chassis and prop shaft. I’ll probably buy one more kit as I want one of those hopped up chassis for a Taiwan GT2 build.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mike in pa said:

Speaking of oldies, did they ever re re the Lamborghini?

As in the original Countach? You can get it as a TT01, and GT01 as far as I remember.

If you add up the base cost and hop ups these weren’t a bad deal at the time 

They just lacked any imagination - and @Shodog is spot on re the wheelbase issue, even if it would have been a more expensive fix in terms of suspension arms / prop shafts 

Will Tamiya spice up the 45th with a few more hop ups ? Or fix the wheelbase this time ?

Cheap not to - esp when some hop ups are almost nugatory in terms of cost ? 

Personally, I think we’ll get the 40th in white 🙄

And arguably the 50th in green …

What I’d really like is for Tamiya to show more respect to us + their heritage ?

So a 45th fully hopped up TA02SW if they must

And the 50th based on a contemporary racing chassis like the 30th before it !

Maybe a fully tricked TA08 😇

Small update on Tamiyablog

Tamiyablog 45th 934

Possibly a pre-painted body?

This model features a white color body that recreates the Porsche Turbo RSR Type 934 which tussled at the top of races in the European Racing Championship in June 1976. 

• Like 1

Im a bit fed up with these pre painted bodies now. I wouldnt mind if it need some really complicated masking but its plain white. I dont wanted tinted windows either as i want to put a cockpit in it.

The blog does mention "required: PS paint" so there's hope it went be pre-painted.

I'd be more into this kit if it was more than a slightly hopped up TA02SW

Where's all the CF and blue bits...!

2 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Im a bit fed up with these pre painted bodies now. I wouldnt mind if it need some really complicated masking but its plain white. I dont wanted tinted windows either as i want to put a cockpit in it.

Same here... Im a bit disappointed for the rere Wild One. Seems to come with pre-painted body. There is no fancy stuff with the paint or masking.

I bought an extra black Porsche body and spoiler for bashing. Has anyone seen 1/10-scale stickers of the JMS X-Ray - 24 Hours Le Mans 1977? The largest I can find are 1/25 waterslide decals for static models. May need to buy some and embiggen for the Hemistorm method.

934 xray.jpg