Raman36

Tamiya 45th RC anniversary Porsche 934 RSR Vaillant version in white (TA-02SW chassis)

RC Kicks YouTube channel is reporting this too, along with a Jun Wantanbe (blockhead motors) special edition Wild One 🤔

Found this info too....

47477 1/10 R/C Porsche 934 Coupé Vaillant (1976) (TA02SW) 45th Anniversary   4950344474776

58695 1/10 R/C Wild One Off-Roader Blockhead Motors Livery   4950344066124  [unique sticker design]

All good stuff. The TA02SW will it seems be a repeat of the Porsche 934 Jagermeister and Black versions, i.e. with FRP double deck, alloy motor mount, universals etc. Be interesting to see the price point - in 2016, the Jagermeister was £199 in the UK retail, and I think the black (2017 I think) was either about the same, or £225. My guess is that this new one will be a little more, but let's see!

• Like 1

I’m hoping for a rehash of the 40th and Black factory hop up chassis as I’d like to get one more for a Taiwan GT2 body. Hopefully they don’t cheap out and use the tub chassis from the white GT2 release. 

• Like 1

Cool. White Vaillant livery would look awesome!

@Shodog, I believe you meant the "Taisan" GT2 body.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shodog said:

Hopefully they don’t cheap out and use the tub chassis from the white GT2 release. 

Nah...read the script from Tamiyablog...

21BFF95F-9770-4F2B-98C4-823CC96E760A.jpeg

• Like 1

From modelbuilds website, its most of the 40th and black kit is specked with plus

★ Comes in a special, dedicated package, using blister packs.

2 hours ago, Shodog said:

Comes in a special, dedicated package, using blister packs.

That’s interesting for sure 👍

Grrrrreat. I already made my Jagermeister version white, lol. Woulda kept it NIB if I knew this was coming. Gah. (Not finished)

20210722_131908.jpg

• Like 2

I wonder if they’ll address the wheelbase : bodyshell wheel arch alignment issue that beset the Jagermeister and Black versions...? Be good if they did. At least the blister pack reference in the product info raises the prospect of this delivering a more excitingly packaged kit than the previous ones, albeit boxart has always been good, Jegermeister in particular IMO 👍

12 hours ago, futureworks said:

I wonder if they’ll address the wheelbase : bodyshell wheel arch alignment issue that beset the Jagermeister and Black versions...? Be good if they did. At least the blister pack reference in the product info raises the prospect of this delivering a more excitingly packaged kit than the previous ones, albeit boxart has always been good, Jegermeister in particular IMO 👍

Doubt it. It’s good enough vs a new mould.

Should be nice with the packaging and likes of signed certificate. Yeah nice box art and base kit is good.

4 hours ago, djmcnz said:

Has there ever been a TA02 with blister packs before?

Some of the earlier TA02 kits like the 58128 Alfa had a small blister packed lid over a parts box, so nothing major.

3CEC28A3-6BE6-4938-8905-2F3AC971B76A.jpeg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, futureworks said:

I wonder if they’ll address the wheelbase : bodyshell wheel arch alignment issue that beset the Jagermeister and Black versions...?

10 hours ago, Alangt4 said:

Doubt it. It’s good enough vs a new mould.

The daft thing is, the simplest way to sort the wheelbase is just take the excess mm off the chassis and propshaft - doesn't need the body mould touching at all - See below!

The chassis decks are machined so, apart from a few CAD dollars there's no extra investment

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 11:38 AM, futureworks said:

All good stuff. The TA02SW will it seems be a repeat of the Porsche 934 Jagermeister and Black versions, i.e. with FRP double deck, alloy motor mount, universals etc. Be interesting to see the price point - in 2016, the Jagermeister was £199 in the UK retail, and I think the black (2017 I think) was either about the same, or £225. My guess is that this new one will be a little more, but let's see!

Modelbuild says : "The 'estimated' retail cost will be between £300-£400."

:O

I'm still mad at myself for not getting the 30th anniversary porsche. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TenzoR said:

I'm still mad at myself for not getting the 30th anniversary porsche. 

Their still out there.  It’s really nice and you should get one. 

...and just like the 30th anniversary one, the 45th will also have the certificate etc etc, to try (alongside the blister pack and hopefully some good box art) and make it seem like something special. Not sure if it's going to be worth getting if the estimated price range (£300-400) is to be believed, but I've placed a pre-order with Fusion Hobbies here in the UK today and will determine nearer the time whether to go ahead. Given how long kits are taking to turn up, it'll probably be well into next year before these appear anyway!!

58 minutes ago, SuperChamp82 said:

Can’t see the new one as available for pre order on Fusion Hobbies’ website @futureworks

Just email Joanne at the shop to get your name down for one 👍