Raman36

Tamiya 45th RC anniversary Porsche 934 RSR Vaillant version in white (TA-02SW chassis)

I’ve read speculation that the body comes prepainted in white. If that the case, it’s a major boner killer for me. Can anyone confirm which way the body will come?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shodog said:

I’ve read speculation that the body comes prepainted in white. If that the case, it’s a major boner killer for me. 

Clear body shells remain available, along with other over the counter treatments if you need some…help…with that  😂 

9 hours ago, Shodog said:

I’ve read speculation that the body comes prepainted in white.

Where did you see this?

Tamiya USA pricing is up:

image.png.dcc3494620414d2231c42ce6b568d8c7.png

So, MAP (minimum advertised price) should be around $271 at local hobby shops.

7 minutes ago, Gaoh X said:

Tamiya USA pricing is up:

image.png.dcc3494620414d2231c42ce6b568d8c7.png

So, MAP (minimum advertised price) should be around $271 at local hobby shops.

£279 at modelsport, £285 at modelbuild.  Better than the £300-400 originally expected! B)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, futureworks said:

£279 from Fusion in the UK, so £251 with subscriber discount!

Yup, my pre-order's in :D

Mine too.

It must be fate. I was going through my stash and found a set of bearings bagged up and marked 'TA-02'!

• Like 1

The only thing that I think is a shame about this ‘special’ release is given the 30th anniversary was an “all singing and dancing” TA05 with carbon plates and numerous alu hop up parts included, why couldn’t Tamiya do that and make the 45th more than just a repackaged Jagermeister/Black/Tamico... I’d have gladly paid more to see some of those old TA02 hop up parts appearing as part of the kit.

Maybe theyre holding back for their 50th and something super special and dont want to set the bar too high too early.

Mettallic paint edition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, futureworks said:

The only thing that I think is a shame about this ‘special’ release is given the 30th anniversary was an “all singing and dancing” TA05 with carbon plates and numerous alu hop up parts included, why couldn’t Tamiya do that and make the 45th more than just a repackaged Jagermeister/Black/Tamico... I’d have gladly paid more to see some of those old TA02 hop up parts appearing as part of the kit.

I agree. They set the bar with the 30th, they should have at least aimed to achieve the same bar for subsequent anniversary releases.

But the writing is on the wall with this one, 30th was awesome on all counts, perfect even... 40th was cool but meh, now they've dropped the anniversary period to 5 years, they're just profit-crunching now. Expect more of the same... e.g. poor form from Tamiya. Oh my, how they've fallen. :(

1 hour ago, djmcnz said:

But the writing is on the wall with this one, 30th was awesome on all counts, perfect even...

Perfect? What! The wheels it comes with are so out of scale that it looks like a toy! Or worse - something from pimp my ride.

Given that they designed bespoke wheels for it, and assuming they wanted to use 'standard' sized tyres, they could have used the same 2-piece wheels as the taisan gt2 but with bespoke new centres to match the older style, which would have looked better as: 1. they'd have smaller centres more like the real car and 2. the rears would have been wider than the fronts like the real car.

38 minutes ago, rich_f said:

Perfect? What! The wheels it comes with are so out of scale that it looks like a toy! Or worse - something from pimp my ride.

Given that they designed bespoke wheels for it, and assuming they wanted to use 'standard' sized tyres, they could have used the same 2-piece wheels as the taisan gt2 but with bespoke new centres to match the older style, which would have looked better as: 1. they'd have smaller centres more like the real car and 2. the rears would have been wider than the fronts like the real car.

Okay, not perfect. I don't really give a toss about the wheels though, I was referring to the bigger picture here, chassis, body, packaging etc, i.e. the points of difference from the 40th.

I'm sure you can buy different wheels if you need them. 

5 minutes ago, djmcnz said:

I'm sure you can buy different wheels if you need them. 

Likewise you can buy hop ups for the 40th anniversary version if you need them.

6 minutes ago, djmcnz said:

packaging

The box for the 40th was in my opinion one of Tamiyas better ones - the different views of the car from different sides of the box, plus the carry handle. No blister packs but they don't do anything for me anyway - but it seems the 45th will have them so that's a plus if they are your thing.

The 30th box was a bit plain in my opinion, similar to the 45th. Not a fan. And the fact it is just a photo makes it even less desirable for me. 

6 hours ago, Bullitt3577 said:

Just pre ordered from Tower Hobbies, got it for $242 with discount and tax. 

So did I. Tower says "Next Shipment November 2021", but I'm not holding my breath. Won't be surprised if they keep delaying it. I'm still waiting for my Top Force Evo. ordered since May.

At least they won't charge me until it actually ships. That helps me spread my hobby spendings a bit. :)

9 minutes ago, d4dawg said:

So did I. Tower says "Next Shipment November 2021", but I'm not holding my breath. Won't be surprised if they keep delaying it. I'm still waiting for my Top Force Evo. ordered since May.

At least they won't charge me until it actually ships. That helps me spread my hobby spendings a bit. :)

Since you pre-ordered quickly as in the day or so it went up on Tower's site, I am thinking you should be good for that November release date barring no delays from Tamiya itself.  Case in point, I pre-ordered my TFE in February from Tower the day they went up and did receive it in the first batch that came here in July.

5 hours ago, Sprocket said:

I’m not even seeing it on the Tower site. What am I missing?

Just type 47477 in the search.

On 8/4/2021 at 5:06 PM, futureworks said:

£279 from Fusion in the UK, so £251 with subscriber discount!

how do you subscribe?  Can't find how to do so.

• Like 1