Raman36

Tamiya 45th RC anniversary Porsche 934 RSR Vaillant version in white (TA-02SW chassis)

Just now, JimmyMcGoose said:

Just had my pre order from model build cancelled 😞 Tamico is now my only hope🤞 

Same :( bit disappointed as I got it in early as well

I received an email from Tower this early morning requesting a review on the pre-ordered Porsche. Sadly, I do not have one. I was kinda hoping I missed the “shipping out” email, but there is none. ☹️

6 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

I received an email from Tower this early morning requesting a review on the pre-ordered Porsche. Sadly, I do not have one. I was kinda hoping I missed the “shipping out” email, but there is none. ☹️

Same here. Kind of jumping the gun on that review request

Anyone else order from Time Tunnel Models? I had an interesting email from them today that my 934 will be on it's way shortly but to expect some slight box damage as their entire delivery (including many other kits) was "very badly handled" during shipping. Bit of a bummer but hope it's nothing major.

Apparently they had their order cut by 50 kits too so there are no spares either.

• Confused 1

I fell victim to Tomley’s new video and pre-ordered from Tower Hobbies.  This will become close mates with the shrink wrapped 49400 sitting in my closet.

14 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

I fell victim to Tomley’s new video and pre-ordered from Tower Hobbies.  This will become close mates with the shrink wrapped 49400 sitting in my closet.

I was never really a fan of that guy, and after watching the video you refer to I feel even less positive about him than before.

Considering this kit is in such limited numbers and there are people here who are disappointed that they will not be getting their pre-orders fulfilled, it's a little annoying that he admits that he had forgotten that he ordered one. He must not have wanted it that much... 

That's me that's selling guys. I've asked Deadmeat for permission until mine arrives and I can photograph it myself.

Its been dispatched.

👍

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Hey @DeadMeat666, recognise the pic??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234309881063?hash=item368df50ce7:g:F5gAAOSwVlRhpJPp

spacer.png

Bit cheeky, thought I would let you know!

First of all I appreciate the heads-up.

Just a bit of clarification:

The poster of the image cleared it with me, so it's used with permission.

And also, I already received mine. In fact that picture is my kit on my guest room floor in front of my cupboard lol.

1 hour ago, Yoshimitsu said:

That's me that's selling guys. I've asked Deadmeat for permission until mine arrives and I can photograph it myself.

Cool, that's the main thing. Good note to self, on reflection it would have been better to ask whether DM had provided permission before just assuming someone was being cheeky

Good luck with the sale!

37 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

And also, I already received mine. In fact that picture is my kit on my guest room floor in front of my cupboard lol.

Yes, I know, hence the heads up....

38 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

The poster of the image cleared it with me, so it's used with permission.

That's the main thing, as per note to @Yoshimitsu above it would have been better of me to ask that question too

All's well that ends well :)

• Like 1

Here’s one listed in the last hour or so in open auction - see where this one goes! Glad to have avoided this by having a couple on order from the outset with two retailers with it seems a good chance of fulfilment (could be famous last words of course)

498FAA59-6806-4063-A53D-75EF29E068AD.jpeg

Don't know much about this kit it's just not my thing how much was it originally retailing for? 

11 hours ago, TurboRSR said:

Mine was shipped from Tamico today.

Just got my shipping notification from Tamico this morning, coming to the UK 😀

• Like 1

It's here, and it's a very lovely thing indeed

spacer.png

Here it is with its older brother, which demonstrates what a great job Tamiya have done on the presentation of this issue (IMO)

spacer.png

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

@ Juhunio will you build it?

I'm not sure...probably not...maybe one day...not for a while at least anyway :)

I built a 40th Anniversary edition with shortened plates and modified prop cups to hit the 230mm wheelbase for the 934 shell

Then used the leftover plates and various other spares to build a 236mm version sitting under a GT2 shell

So I've already got two built TA02SWs :rolleyes:

Right now I'm looking at this as something for the collection, a piece of history alongside the 30th Anniversary 49400. They've done such a good job of the presentation, the two kits really sit well together side by side 

5 hours ago, bavee said:

In stock @Modellbau-Berlinski...

And they are gone... That happened quickly.