Raman36

Tamiya 45th RC anniversary Porsche 934 RSR Vaillant version in white (TA-02SW chassis)

18 hours ago, J@mes said:

Got an email from Fusion saying my order’s in progress :D

Interesting, when exactly (date, time) did you place your order with them?

4 hours ago, futureworks said:

Interesting, when exactly (date, time) did you place your order with them?

I placed my 1st order on the sixth of August & second on the eighth of October. I don’t recall what time I placed the orders though!

how about you?

31 minutes ago, J@mes said:

how about you?

So that’s a bit odd as I emailed Joanne at Fusion on Monday checking on the order status, and had a reply yesterday basically saying they’d got a fraction of the expected  order and intimating that i would be missing out (on back order). Yet my order date was before yours, on 4th August!!!  I’m glad a decided to go for a contingency and order from Tamico as well, which I did in September, as I got my ‘shipped’ notification yesterday, but still, I’m left somewhat nonplussed now about Fusion. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, futureworks said:

So that’s a bit odd as I emailed Joanne at Fusion on Monday checking on the order status, and had a reply yesterday basically saying they’d got a fraction of the expected  order and intimating that i would be missing out (on back order). Yet my order date was before yours, on 4th August!!!  I’m glad a decided to go for a contingency and order from Tamico as well, which I did in September, as I got my ‘shipped’ notification yesterday, but still, I’m left somewhat nonplussed now about Fusion. 

Similar experience here, albeit my order with Fusion was 10 days after yours.  Contacted Joanne last week asking when 47477 was due and was told that not even Tamiya UK know when they are coming in, which may well have been the case at that point.  Haven't heard anything further.  I've hedged my bets and put an order in elsewhere - got my shipping confirmation from them earlier today.

• Like 1

Fingers crossed I’m getting one this Christmas from the family. I know my wife had pre- orders with at least 2 companies.

🤞🤞

• Like 1

22 hours ago, futureworks said:

Is anyone also getting the limited release TA02 Carbon Chassis Conversion Set (47479)?

I have a pre-order in at Modelbuild for 47479, yes. But whether that equates to me actually getting one is another matter! :)

How about you?

27 minutes ago, middleagedgrup said:

I have a pre-order in at Modelbuild for 47479, yes. But whether that equates to me actually getting one is another matter! :o)

How about you?

Yes, I pre-ordered two with Modelbuild months ago, but never with much expectation of that turning into something real! I saw that Tony's Tamiya were offering pre-orders 6-8 weeks ago via their FB page, but at £150 I thought it was expensive. About two weeks ago, Tamico in Germany listed them for pre-order so I bought two sets (expected end Jan 22). With import vat and customs, they'll end up being around £120 each. It seems to me that in general, the German Tamiya distributor does better than the UK one at getting stock of anything, so more of a guarantee of getting them. The prices are also better, but the downside is that Tamico won't let you buy less than the £135 import threshold (which is why I bought 2 x 47479). That said the 47477 45th kit coming from Tamico will end up £20-25 cheaper than the Fusion one I ordered (with 10% TC discount) even after import costs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, futureworks said:

Yes, I pre-ordered two with Modelbuild months ago, but never with much expectation of that turning into something real! I saw that Tony's Tamiya were offering pre-orders 6-8 weeks ago via their FB page, but at £150 I thought it was expensive. About two weeks ago, Tamico in Germany listed them for pre-order so I bought two sets (expected end Jan 22). With import vat and customs, they'll end up being around £120 each. It seems to me that in general, the German Tamiya distributor does better than the UK one at getting stock of anything, so more of a guarantee of getting them. The prices are also better, but the downside is that Tamico won't let you buy less than the £135 import threshold (which is why I bought 2 x 47479). That said the 47477 45th kit coming from Tamico will end up £20-25 cheaper than the Fusion one I ordered (with 10% TC discount) even after import costs.

Good thinking!  Let me know if you need one of your Tamico-supplied sets taking off your hands for you. :D

Oh, and has everyone seen the Christmas Competition prize over on the main page?  None other than a 45th Anniversary Tamiya Porsche 934 Kit courtesy of Tamico...

Now avaioable at rcjaz (£270 + 80 shipping to uk so not cheap) https://www.rcjaz.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=26692&ref=restockwish

Incidentally, I bought something for the first time from rcjaz a few weeks ago, but then saw I had an order history going back a decade or more. I hadn’t realised that rcjaz used to be called etamiya! 

I got one on its way. Is there any hop-ups that could be usefull ?

I planned :

- Servo saver

- Tamiya 55mm Low Friction Alu. Damper Set (53155) (?)

- Sport Tuned motor

- 21T pinion

I read this topic, build unfinished... :(

For those who gonna build it, what is your plan ?

Can't wait to get my hands on.

49 minutes ago, futureworks said:

Now avaioable at rcjaz (£270 + 80 shipping to uk so not cheap) https://www.rcjaz.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=26692&ref=restockwish

Incidentally, I bought something for the first time from rcjaz a few weeks ago, but then saw I had an order history going back a decade or more. I hadn’t realised that rcjaz used to be called etamiya! 

47479 available from them also.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Goudar said:

I got one on its way. Is there any hop-ups that could be usefull ?

I planned :

- Ball bearing kit

- Servo saver

- Tamiya 55mm Low Friction Alu. Damper Set (53155) (?)

- Tamiya Front Rear Propeller Joint Set (?)

- Alloy motor mount

- Sport Tuned motor (Super Stock RZ ?)

- 21T pinion

It already includes ball bearings, alloy motor mount and the hardened prop shaft and joints. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can someone explain the issue with the wheelbase being incorrect on this model? And does the carbon chassis remedy this?

17 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Can someone explain the issue with the wheelbase being incorrect on this model? And does the carbon chassis remedy this?

The 934 body was initially made for the TA05MS with a 230mm wheelbase (49400). The TA02SW has a 236mm wheelbase (for the 993 GT2 body), that means the wheels will be a bit off in the wheel arches. 
The carbon chassis will not fix this. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zealot said:

The chassis wheelbase is 236mm. The body shell is the original moulding from the 30th Anniversary kit (49400) and has a wheelbase of 230mm

Unfortunately the Tamiya chassis plates do not solve this, they are still 236mm

If you do want to build it to 230mm you need some aftermarket carbon chassis plates. I used these and these and would recommend them to anybody

You also need to either shorten the prop shaft or cut deeper recesses in the prop cups. I went with the latter and found it pretty straightforward

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

The chassis wheelbase is 236mm. The body shell is the original moulding from the 30th Anniversary kit (49400) and has a wheelbase of 230mm

Unfortunately the Tamiya chassis plates do not solve this, they are still 236mm

If you do want to build it to 230mm you need some aftermarket carbon chassis plates. I used these and these and would recommend them to anybody

You also need to either shorten the prop shaft or cut deeper recesses in the prop cups. I went with the latter and found it pretty straightforward

The seller you mention also sells the 230mm Chassis, Top Deck and Shock Towers as a complete set: click here .  Save a whole £3 (ish) compared to buying them separately!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. In my mind it makes zero sense to sink AUD250 on a genuine carbon chassis set that isn't even the correct length so I'll pass on 47479 I think.

Remains to be seen if I'll even get the car itself, given the apparent shortages.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Thanks for the replies. In my mind it makes zero sense to sink AUD250 on a genuine carbon chassis set that isn't even the correct length so I'll pass on 47479 I think.

Remains to be seen if I'll even get the car itself, given the apparent shortages.

⬆️ This.  Will be using 47479 with my 037 Lancia, and the maxspeedpartsde items with 47477 (plus the prop shaft mod posted by @Juhunio). At least, that's the plan...

Very nice @TurboRSR!  Quick question regarding the king pins: is 53141 the correct set rather than 53157?  Or are they both the same dimensions, and 53141 is just lighter?  Bet you can't wait to get building!