Raman36

Tamiya 45th RC anniversary Porsche 934 RSR Vaillant version in white (TA-02SW chassis)

On 12/9/2021 at 6:26 AM, mtbkym01 said:

No, it’s  happening again, but this time with the BH WO, apparently the numbers ordered by SMS were way too low for the demand, but the 45th numbers were adequate. Time will tell I guess. Did Metro give a timeframe?

No, no timeframe given, unfortunately.

I wouldn't rule out Tamiya doing another run of the Blockhead as I personally believe they did more TF EVO kits because after being sold out everywhere, RCMart, RCJaz and ATees all have them in stock right now. RCMart even listed them as pre-order. I could be wrong, but it's hard to see a lost trove of kits from the original run being the reason they suddenly came back into stock.

12 hours ago, Zealot said:

I wouldn't rule out Tamiya doing another run of the Blockhead as I personally believe they did more TF EVO kits because after being sold out everywhere, RCMart, RCJaz and ATees all have them in stock right now. RCMart even listed them as pre-order. I could be wrong, but it's hard to see a lost trove of kits from the original run being the reason they suddenly came back into stock.

Yeah the BH should certainly continue being manufactured. There’s apparently a 2nd lot already ordered for us down under

• Like 1

My 934 arrived from RC Jaz yesterday. An impressive 3 day delivery time and no customs fees. Still paid a lot more than a UK-sourced kit but hey-ho.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zealot said:

That's good news regarding TF Evo. I've been waiting for my backorder from Tower since May. Sounds like there's some hope!

Looks like Tower is starting to ship out the 934, just got a notification that the one I ordered 8/6 just shipped. 

• Like 1

Good deal! I ordered on the same date. Haven’t seen any notification from Tower yet. Nothing on FedEx either. Fingers crossed!

Any of you waiting, don’t pay into scalpers or these ridiculous rates. I just paid 360 CAD tax in for my kit at my LHS. 

• Like 2

I pre-ordered mine on 9/9, so I don't have much hope for this one being fulfilled. I got the Blockhead though, so 1 out of 2 pre-orders ain't bad.  

On 12/2/2021 at 10:04 AM, futureworks said:

Is anyone also getting the limited release TA02 Carbon Chassis Conversion Set (47479)?

On 12/2/2021 at 6:57 PM, Zealot said:

47479 available from them also.

Look what landed yesterday...

20211216_090549.jpg

20211216_090614.jpg

20211216_090729.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lucasan said:

I thought the chassis was carbon fibre? Is it fiberglass?

The kit chassis is made of FRP - Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic. 

On 12/3/2021 at 10:11 AM, Zealot said:

Can someone explain the issue with the wheelbase being incorrect on this model? And does the carbon chassis remedy this?

On 12/3/2021 at 10:27 AM, Juhunio said:

If you do want to build it to 230mm you need some aftermarket carbon chassis plates. I used these and these and would recommend them to anybody

You also need to either shorten the prop shaft or cut deeper recesses in the prop cups. I went with the latter and found it pretty straightforward

On 12/3/2021 at 12:12 PM, Sgt.Speirs said:

@Zealot: You can also modify the suspensions arms like it is described here:

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=129718&id=9813

Turns out there is another way of doing this: one which doesn't involve cutting prop cups or modifying suspension arms...which is helpful for someone like me, cause I'd probably Dremel off a thumb trying the former or irreparably break something attempting the latter!

Custom carbon propshaft, 6mm shorter than standard, complete with carbon cups.  Combined with the chassis plates and shock towers identified by @Juhunio above, this should be a tidy solution.  Shout out to @DeadMeat666 for the introduction.

20211216_090950.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

No link to share, but can give you the contact details of the chap who made it (he's confirmed he's happy to help others too).  If anyone wants details then just send me a PM and I'll reply - don't want to share personal contact details on a public forum. B)

• Thanks 1

On 12/15/2021 at 7:11 PM, Bullitt3577 said:

Looks like Tower is starting to ship out the 934, just got a notification that the one I ordered 8/6 just shipped. 

Ordered 7 days later, not on the list

2 hours ago, Sprocket said:

I’m guessing they sold wayyy more than they initially ordered!

I was supposed to get it today, but Fed ex has it delayed now!!

I’m just going to wait it out. If I get one from TH cool. If not, I am not going to spend 2-3x to pick one up. I’ll be saving up for an Optima Mid instead

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sprocket said:

what list are you talking about Sprocket?

Glad see folks are receiving the Porsche 45th kit. Looks like I may also not make the Tower Hobbies cut. Ordered it on 8/6 but haven't received anything yet. I did also preorder the TA02 Carbon Conversion set so hopefully that makes it over.

3 hours ago, JamesM3081 said:

Glad see folks are receiving the Porsche 45th kit. Looks like I may also not make the Tower Hobbies cut. Ordered it on 8/6 but haven't received anything yet. I did also preorder the TA02 Carbon Conversion set so hopefully that makes it over.

Just got it today, was supposed to be delivered yesterday but Fed ex was delayed to today.
I placed my order at a little before 1am on 8/6, wonder what time you placed yours James?

41 minutes ago, Bullitt3577 said:

Just got it today, was supposed to be delivered yesterday but Fed ex was delayed to today.
I placed my order at a little before 1am on 8/6, wonder what time you placed yours James?

That is great to hear Bullitt! Glad you received yours despite the slight delay. I'm thinking I didn't make the cut since I didn't place my order till 5:30PM :lol: It's all good though. Just wondering when TH will contact me now. I'm thinking of pinging them by the end of the month if I don't receive any communication from them. Enjoy yours!

12 hours ago, lucasan said:

what list are you talking about Sprocket?

I had placed an order for the 934 with Tower Hobbies, however they had not received enough kits to cover my order

7 hours ago, Sprocket said:

I had placed an order for the 934 with Tower Hobbies, however they had not received enough kits to cover my order

So if I ordered a month ago from Tower, I will most certainly not get mine I guess.

5 hours ago, lucasan said:

So if I ordered a month ago from Tower, I will most certainly not get mine I guess.

Hopefully you’ll get yours on the next shipment?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bullitt3577 said:

Hopefully you’ll get yours on the next shipment?

Fingers crossed. I missed the boat on the the 30th and 35th. did get the 40th but it was nothing like the 45th.