Raman36

Tamiya 45th RC anniversary Porsche 934 RSR Vaillant version in white (TA-02SW chassis)

3 hours ago, lucasan said:

Fingers crossed. I missed the boat on the the 30th and 35th. did get the 40th but it was nothing like the 45th.

It was never released any 35th, it was the 30th (2006), 40th (2016), Black Edition (2018) and now the 45th. 

1 hour ago, lucasan said:

Fingers crossed. I missed the boat on the the 30th and 35th. did get the 40th but it was nothing like the 45th.

The 40th was nothing like the 45th? Really? It's almost identical, but in my opinion the 40th has a much nicer box art.

The white box with a photo of the car and Times New Roman font on the 45th is uninspired, boring and just doesn't look like a tamiya to me. The 40th has cool drawings on each side showing the car from that angle, with the classic Tamiya box font. Much nicer than a photo, I think. Especially when the photo shows it with the out-of-scale wheels it comes with, which make it look very toy-like, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 10:30 AM, Bullitt3577 said:

Hopefully you’ll get yours on the next shipment?

This is for any Tower Hobbies orders out there and may be useful to @lucasan. I chatted with a rep and seems like my order(placed on 8/6/21) didn't make the cut which is interesting since @Bullitt3577 received his and placed the order the same day. Hours make the difference it seems. They are still expecting the next shipment late Dec/early Jan. Also, they stated that there are over 900 orders for this item but can not see where orders are in line. Anyway, hope this sheds a little light on the pre-orders from TH. Cheers

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JamesM3081 said:

This is for any Tower Hobbies orders out there and may be useful to @lucasan. I chatted with a rep and seems like my order(placed on 8/6/21) didn't make the cut which is interesting since @Bullitt3577 received his and placed the order the same day. Hours make the difference it seems. They are still expecting the next shipment late Dec/early Jan. Also, they stated that there are over 900 orders for this item but can not see where orders are in line. Anyway, hope this sheds a little light on the pre-orders from TH. Cheers

I don’t remember if 8/6 was the first day Tower had their pre orders open, but I did place my order around 12:45 AM. I’m just curious how many kits they got in their first shipment?

• Like 1

Heard from my LHS today that our shipment to Australia has arrived, but not expected in stores until Mid January, excitingly, He has guaranteed stock for me from the supplier. So a 45th and a Block Head Wild One will be in my hands Mid January 😍

• Like 3

Looks like my order placed on 8/6 from TH didn't make the cut either. I did get my Wild One BH, so I'm happy.

On 12/20/2021 at 7:34 AM, rich_f said:

The 40th was nothing like the 45th? Really? It's almost identical, but in my opinion the 40th has a much nicer box art.

The white box with a photo of the car and Times New Roman font on the 45th is uninspired, boring and just doesn't look like a tamiya to me. The 40th has cool drawings on each side showing the car from that angle, with the classic Tamiya box font. Much nicer than a photo, I think. Especially when the photo shows it with the out-of-scale wheels it comes with, which make it look very toy-like, in my opinion. 

The 40th regardless of box art was a Jäegermeister livery, where as the 30th and 45th are vaillant kremer livery like the original in 1976. IMO these two are true tributes. 

• Like 2

On 12/21/2021 at 9:18 AM, d4dawg said:

Looks like my order placed on 8/6 from TH didn't make the cut either. I did get my Wild One BH, so I'm happy.

@d4dawg - I just received a shipping notification from TH for my order, and I too order mine on 8/6. There is a good chance you will be hearing from them soon.

4 minutes ago, JamesM3081 said:

@d4dawg - I just received a shipping notification from TH for my order, and I too order mine on 8/6. There is a good chance you will be hearing from them soon.

@JamesM3081  Thanks for the info! I just checked and did get a shipment notification!

10 minutes ago, JamesM3081 said:

Noice, ordered mine on 9/9 and just received shipping notification! Woohoo!

10 minutes ago, d4dawg said:

@JamesM3081  Thanks for the info! I just checked and did get a shipment notification!

@d4dawg & @tamiya_1971 - Glad you both received your shipment notifications! This was an interesting case study due to the supposed limited quantities and supply chain/distribution issues surrounded by Covid. Cheers

• Like 1

Got my shipping notification.  Ordered 8/18 which is a bit later than y'all so I'm thinking they must have got a larger shipment than the first one.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jdh6fan said:

Got my shipping notification.  Ordered 8/18 which is a bit later than y'all so I'm thinking they must have got a larger shipment than the first one.

I figured I had no chance in heck either since I waited until the beginning of September. I’ve never had a special edition Tamiya anything so I’m excited. 

16 minutes ago, tamiya_1971 said:

I figured I had no chance in heck either since I waited until the beginning of September. I’ve never had a special edition Tamiya anything so I’m excited. 

Lol, I know what you mean.  I ordered the Blockhead Wild One as soon as I seen it available for pre order on 8/6.  It took me several more days to warm up to the 934 but then I seen where you can order aftermarket the correct length chassis and prop shaft and decided it would be a fun project.

2 hours ago, jacktpwang said:

I ordered my last month. I probably nwont be getting one.

You’ll probably get it sometime early next year? I don’t see why you wouldn’t get it, Tower is still taking back orders?

Got mine as a Christmas present from the wife. It looks great, it’s back to the old days of a well presented kit. It will be built.

Since I won’t receive my 45th for a while.. I decided to finally start painting my extra body for 30th. Will be Silver with slightly modified Vaillant livery 

The 45th has been top of the trending items at RCJaz for several weeks now and I don't recall seeing anything else in that position for nearly as long. Of course, this doesn't tell us actual numbers but I'm sure they have moved plenty. I get the feeling Tamiya has made quite a lot of these.

Oh, and if anyone is still after a TF EVO, they have them in stock too.