Raman36

Tamiya 45th RC anniversary Porsche 934 RSR Vaillant version in white (TA-02SW chassis)

My local hobby shop just got 3 in. I am tempted to go in but they want $359 for them.

Hey all,

I've got the chassis for my 45th anniv built and working. Two questions:

1. Are there any bodies readily available, ideally painted (like killerbodies) for this chassis? Seems the 236mm wheelbase is a bit of a challenge. I need a basher body because I want to take my time with the kit body and really make it look amazing (and I want it to stay that way).

2. While I intend to go easy on this vehicle, I still need a bit more speed. I'm thinking of three options: 1) 3s lipo with stock motor (I'm fine if that shortens the life of the motor); 2) 2s but hotter brushed motor; 3) mild brushless system. Any suggestions on which way go? I want to preserve the driving/handling characteristics (so I don't want to massively overpower it).

Thanks!

On 6/6/2022 at 5:41 AM, smirk-racing said:

Hey all,

I've got the chassis for my 45th anniv built and working. Two questions:

1. Are there any bodies readily available, ideally painted (like killerbodies) for this chassis? Seems the 236mm wheelbase is a bit of a challenge. I need a basher body because I want to take my time with the kit body and really make it look amazing (and I want it to stay that way).

2. While I intend to go easy on this vehicle, I still need a bit more speed. I'm thinking of three options: 1) 3s lipo with stock motor (I'm fine if that shortens the life of the motor); 2) 2s but hotter brushed motor; 3) mild brushless system. Any suggestions on which way go? I want to preserve the driving/handling characteristics (so I don't want to massively overpower it).

Thanks!

Re question 1: I know for a fact that the Porsche GT2 body fits this chassis (if you can find one that is), as does the Lancia 037 hard body. I'll let others with more knowledge than me opine on your motor question. 🙂

Edit: if it's a spare 934 body you're after then Tamico get them in from time to time, but they sell out very quickly.