Raman36

Tamiya 45th RC anniversary Porsche 934 RSR Vaillant version in white (TA-02SW chassis)

On 3/8/2022 at 2:44 PM, tpsolid said:

Just saw dealer in Hong kong got a restock on the porsches

That’s good news, hopefully the US dealers will get more soon? 

I sent an email TamiyaUSA about a week ago.. no reply. They’re really good about that these days 😡

I still have my fingers crossed for a second batch down here in NZ given international  shipping is very expensive on top of people selling with a considerable profit margin added to their prices.   My hobby shop assures me a delivery is not far away…….(I should have ordered one from the first batch that was sold here).

I still kick myself for not buying a 30th year Porsche for $1000 NZD a couple of years back locally from a large deceased estate sale…..I had already spent far too much as had Bluefoot as when they were first released kids were taking priority and costing heaps…..

Really? That’s great! I kept emailing TamiyaUSA to ask about it and they would not respond. Very annoying 

22 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Really? That’s great! I kept emailing TamiyaUSA to ask about it and they would not respond. Very annoying 

I got an email this morning saying it was ready to ship but my credit card didn’t go thru since it expired from when I placed my order in October.

My order is at bottom of barrell so I don’t have hopes it will be filled. 

Great news on Tower.  I backordered through my LHS so I called him and let him know to be on the lookout for that backorder and if they call to ask if he wants to fill, no need to call me and check before saying yes.

Got shipping notice from Towers this morning.  Order date was 11/24.  I had given up that they would be able to fulfill.  Maybe my blockhead order still has a chance. 

Alright we’re getting close to December… but 12/20 is far far away.

I tried a livechat with towers rep.. they weren’t very helpful 

Just got confirmation that my order from 26NOV21 shipped today.  Yours should be in the post soon, Raman36, if you ordered 20DEC21.....if not, your welcomed to come by and sniff the tires in my kit anytime!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Raman36 said:

Alright we’re getting close to December… but 12/20 is far far away.

I tried a livechat with towers rep.. they weren’t very helpful 

As long as Tower’s site doesn’t show discontinued, I think you still have a chance!?

On 5/20/2022 at 1:32 PM, tpsolid said:

my was 11/28

Did you receive notification for your second item in your order? 

My LHS told me today that his contact at Horizon encouraged me to look elsewhere if I wanted one. I was very late to the preorders so I’m not shocked and will hold out hope that one does come along. I have a 40th but man oh man the packaging of the 45th was what pushed me over the edge to preorder.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Raman36 said:

Did you receive notification for your second item in your order? 

nope just one shipped. says other one is backorder. I am guessing they are only shipping 1 per customer.

I checked tamiyausa website and its listed as discontinued now.

1 hour ago, tpsolid said:

nope just one shipped. says other one is backorder. I am guessing they are only shipping 1 per customer.

I checked tamiyausa website and its listed as discontinued now.

Tamiyas site has listed is as discontinued for past month. 

If you ordered them the same day, then it should have shipped unless they ran out with your order. 

At this point, I would conclude that this is it for this special edition. 

yea ordered both same time.  looks like they may have ran out. my came in last night and tamiya box was all dented up. :(

That sucks!  Sorry to hear that. 

RCMart has jacked the price of theirs up to $600.  

Oh well, it wasn’t meant to be. At least I have my 30th 934 to look at 

1 hour ago, tpsolid said:

yea ordered both same time.  looks like they may have ran out. my came in last night and tamiya box was all dented up. :(

That sucks! 

Sorry to hear that. Nothing aggravates me more than a damage kit box. This is something that could have been avoided. Unfortunately large retail outlets like Tower/Horizon cannot handle special packaging requests. Every kit that I’ve ever received from Tower were only padded on one or two sides.