Raman36

Tamiya 45th RC anniversary Porsche 934 RSR Vaillant version in white (TA-02SW chassis)

7 hours ago, Wandy said:

L&L Models. Fusion have also pulled the listing from their shop. Also saw Tony's Tamiya Parts state recently that stock was now going to be extremely limited.

Ah right, thanks for confirming. Yes, I noticed the listing had gone from the Fusion site (my pre-order is with them).  I also just did a quick search on FB and see that Model Build have just announced they won't be able to fulfil all their orders. A real shame!

5 hours ago, middleagedgrup said:

Ah right, thanks for confirming. Yes, I noticed the listing had gone from the Fusion site (my pre-order is with them).  I also just did a quick search on FB and see that Model Build have just announced they won't be able to fulfil all their orders. A real shame!

Yeah, and Tamico have now stopped taking pre-orders too...

Horizon hobby is still taking preorders.  Maybe their getting a huge allotment. 

• Sad 1

This talk of limited supply and cancelled pre orders made me order another one from Tower Hobbies, d a m n  you TamiyaClub! Lol

• Haha 1

On 10/27/2021 at 2:18 PM, Wandy said:

Seems like this kit is going to be seriously undersupplied as Tamiya have, once again, underestimated the demand for it and retailers are having to cancel pre-orders.  Tamiya really need to sort themselves out as this is becoming a frequent occurence.

Have they underestimated the demand, was it going to be a limited release from the start, or could it have something to do with the current global shortage on just about everything?

Sure hope I don't miss out on this one, pre-ordered it kinda late (Early September) as I didn't think they would be gone before the release, but when I found it at €220 shipped when looking for some other parts, I just couldn't resist.

It's being released on a limited edition product number so was always going to be lower on numbers. But it does seem that they have underestimated the demand and have given retailers false hope in the number of kits that they will be able to supply.

No, I think that looks like the RSR body from the Targa Florio TT02 kit. It has the ducktail spoiler rather than the whale tail. It is similar, but not identical.

I think its more likely to be part 11824141, being the Jagermeister body: https://www.modelbuild.co.uk/products/tamiya-1824141-11824141-porsche-turbo-rsr-type-934-jagermeister-body-shell

But someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to say for sure!

• Like 1

No worries.  Also, if you're looking use the above-mentioned body then Tamiya 19004433 is the accompanying sprue containing the rear wing, mirrors and light buckets for that body.

https://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-ta02sw-porsche-rsr-type-934-jgermeister-black-edition-rear-wing-mirrors-light-buckets-h-and-l-parts-set-black-19004433-00076656

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 6:34 AM, middleagedgrup said:

No worries.  Also, if you're looking use the above-mentioned body then Tamiya 19004433 is the accompanying sprue containing the rear wing, mirrors and light buckets for that body.

https://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-ta02sw-porsche-rsr-type-934-jgermeister-black-edition-rear-wing-mirrors-light-buckets-h-and-l-parts-set-black-19004433-00076656

Much appreciated. My plan for this one is to make it a very light-duty runner with emphasis on the scale looks of the shell. I have lots of other vehicles which are not so attractive and which are treated rather roughly.

• Like 1

Got mine today from a private seller on FB. It's a fantastic looking package that's for sure!

2021-11-12-15-06-53.jpg

I'd be happy to answer questions if you have any.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I'd be happy to answer questions if you have any.

Are you going to build it?

19 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Are you going to build it?

Yes! 

I am waiting on a set of 230mm chassis plates, and a shorter carbon driveshaft to match. 

Once those arrive, it will be built. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Yes! 

I am waiting on a set of 230mm chassis plates, and a shorter carbon driveshaft to match. 

Once those arrive, it will be built. 

Where are you sourcing your drive shaft from? I have the 230mm plates and have been looking for a solution.

5 hours ago, Drifft Do^Urban said:

Where are you sourcing your drive shaft from? I have the 230mm plates and have been looking for a solution.

I can hook you up with a guy, and he's in the US. PM me.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2021 at 4:25 PM, DeadMeat666 said:

It's a fantastic looking package that's for sure!

I’m sure that as soon as pictures emerged of what the kit actually looked like boxed, it would’ve ramped up demand. Shame Tamiya haven’t got the 47479 TA02 Carbon Chassis Conversion arriving at the same time. I think my Tamico order for the kit is due around 10 Dec, and the order I just placed with them for the chassis conversion is end of Jan delivery (at the moment).

Man, same thing happened in Australia with the TF Evo. They only ordered in around 30 kits for the whole country. Hope the same isn't the case with the 45th Anniversary model.

But it does seem that Tamiya may have done another run of the Evo to make up the shortfall? I say that because it's cropped up as available again in Hong Kong stores.

On 11/14/2021 at 10:12 PM, Zealot said:

Man, same thing happened in Australia with the TF Evo. They only ordered in around 30 kits for the whole country. Hope the same isn't the case with the 45th Anniversary model.

But it does seem that Tamiya may have done another run of the Evo to make up the shortfall? I say that because it's cropped up as available again in Hong Kong stores.

My understanding is the Aus distributor ordered good numbers on the 45th, the BH Wild One on the other hand........