TB8SY

TB-01 Rally info wanted

Hi Team,

My son just getting into the hobby and has a new buggy. Problem is he decided it was demolition derby day and has destroyed the front end of my TB-01. 

Any info on replacement / compatible parts appreciated. I'm about to try fabricate damper stay but would prefer to just bolt on.

Cheers.

Hi

Carbon damper stays are available for the TB01. 

I have a 01 but I'm not a expert on compatible parts although the TG10 doe share a few parts. 

I can take some pictures of the carbon damper mounts if you want? 

@TwistedxSlayer maybe able to help!!? 

• Thanks 1

I've been summoned.

Welcome.

The TG10 shares most parts with the TB01.

RCRacer has a free design for carbon fibre shock mounts that can be made by Fibrelyte. Looking at a few ££ each. Quite cheap when compared trying to get hold of the plastic ones.

You can always bolt the shocks to the top of the gearbox where the shock tower usually mounts. This is how the TG10 suspension is setup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

I've been summoned.

Welcome.

The TG10 shares most parts with the TB01.

RCRacer has a free design for carbon fibre shock mounts that can be made by Fibrelyte. Looking at a few ££ each. Quite cheap when compared trying to get hold of the plastic ones.

You can always bolt the shocks to the top of the gearbox where the shock tower usually mounts. This is how the TG10 suspension is setup.

https://www.thercracer.com/2020/08/thercracer-tamiya-tb01-carbon-shock.html?m=0 Sorry not hijacking your post here’s the link. I have these on my TB-01 and they are great. Read through the page for all the bits you will need. As @TwistedxSlayer has said the plastic ones are difficult to get ahold of.  Hope this helps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks team,

I will have a browse and place an order. Thanks again for the info.