Sign in to follow this  
richb77

Will we see a re-re-release of the Willies Wheeler?

For various reasons i missed out on the wheeler when it was "re"-released a while back and already see these kits with asking prices close to a grand (either side).

Surely Tamiya will start them rolling again at some point in the near future? I hope Tamiya dont start a business practice like Nintendo (plan to sell 1M so make 950,000 units) .

I hope so, this is the one I have always wanted to add to my collection some day

The thing about the Honda city turbo was it wasn't that popular when it was released and it had a quite bad design error some were fine but a lot were bad! You couldn't use full steering lock until you trimmed the front wheel arches on the body but it looked really good plenty of detail and that was its other Achilles heel it had a few glue on bits and it did tend to expel those parts as it bounced around what you would think was a flat running surface! So if they sort out the errors mostly the front wheel arches I for one would have another kit👍

For me, it is one of those models that look great on the shelf, but there are many better options as a runner shell for a WR-02 IMO.

There is a NIB for sale from a HK vendor on eBay for ~$400 shipped.. and I believe that is via air parcel too.  Check it out.

As for the front fender trimming, mine is pretty low but does not rub to the extent I need to trim anything.  

IMG_Jul122021at33901PM.jpg.2dd0e0171276d1787e54b151a2083105.jpg

I also have the original Willy's Wheeler in my profile page if interested.  Click my sig picture.  

On 7/21/2021 at 5:36 AM, moffman said:

The thing about the Honda city turbo was it wasn't that popular when it was released and it had a quite bad design error some were fine but a lot were bad! You couldn't use full steering lock until you trimmed the front wheel arches on the body but it looked really good plenty of detail and that was its other Achilles heel it had a few glue on bits and it did tend to expel those parts as it bounced around what you would think was a flat running surface! So if they sort out the errors mostly the front wheel arches I for one would have another kit👍

True about the hood vents coming off but I did not trimming. I installed a rubber o ring to Push the mount forward and the body and wheels fit fine. I love this car 

TNjOaxw.jpg

2 hours ago, Exit13 said:

True about the hood vents coming off but I did not trimming. I installed a rubber o ring to Push the mount forward and the body and wheels fit fine. I love this car 

TNjOaxw.jpg

Oh ok! Brilliant idea👍 it is a well proportioned rc car you just can't beat the hard plastic bodies for excellent detail looks good from any angle!