nowinaminute

Tamtech Grasshopper incoming.

They are cool little buggies for sure but I've always wished they would have just done a full size "modern takes" on these old buggies rather than 1/14 that almost makes them a novelty. It seems almost bittersweet to make versions with more modern and competent designs, good standard spec, slipper clutch etc but then shrink it down to make it more of a novelty item. I'm almost certain they would have sold more if they were 1/10 and it's not like they would have stolen sales from the re-releases, they are just way too different.

I still hope that one day they will take the original Grasshopper concept, solid axle and all, and make a modern deluxe version with 4 link rear suspension that actually works, double wishbones up front, all the goodies from the tamtech like a clutch and adjustable everything etc. I can dream lol.

Still though, in their own right, these are very nice little platforms and it's good to see it returning.

• Like 3

I missed them when they were originally released and hoped for a re-re. I think it's cool that they are coming back.

I said in the other thread that I didn't buy these first time around exactly because they were 1:14 scale, and if I had the choice of having a trio of them right now I would exactly because they are 1:14 scale.  That's because the sun is shining, the garden is too small for my 1:10 buggies, and I'm not allowed to leave the premises until at least a week on Thursday :wacko:

• Haha 2

Yep, I missed these first time too, and would love to get hold of one or two now! So really glad to see this, and hope it's the first of several more to be released soon :) 

• Like 1

With this grasshopper release I wonder if they will do a rere on the GT-01 cars?  These are neat little buggies. I have a fox with a 8k brushless motor and a lot of hop ups that’s insane and a completely stock frog that’s boring.  I hope they rere the optional aluminum dampers as the stock pogo sticks are their suspension downfall. 

• Like 1

Aluminium dampers were still available in US.. cost a fortune still lol

Very cool! Wonder if it is the same battery choices etc. Hope we get a supplier in the US

I am certainly looking forward to welcoming another Tamtech into the fold.  Still wish they would have used the GB-02 Chassis, or at least a trailing arm front suspension conversion kit Tamiya used to sell as it makes the chassis handle much better.  Either way, these two need a third partner in crime:

Tamtechs.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ministrone said:

The word on the street is that these are a Japanese market only release.

21 hours ago, isomer1 said:

Very cool! Wonder if it is the same battery choices etc. Hope we get a supplier in the US

I just saw these and I hope so too. 
I was never familiar with Tamtech back in the day. Only discovered they were a thing since last year or so. 

On 7/21/2021 at 5:36 PM, Ministrone said:

The word on the street is that these are a Japanese market only release.

That's unfortunate if true, hopefully I'll be able to pick one up from Plaza Japan if it ends up being that way 

It does look very nice. I love the 1:14 scale. This is my 1:14, stuck a 370 motor and 1060 esc and it really shifts 

16272179613194116236795465229345.jpg