I finished a build of a rere Hotshot recently and ran into a couple of problems. I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts that might help.

I picked my Hotshot up off the shelf the other day and one of the screws that holds the chassis to the rear gearbox just completely fell out. The bolt must have fallen off when I took it for my first test drive. Unfortunately there's no extras in the kit and I didn't have luck finding it in the yard. I'm so afraid of over-tightening things now that I'm guessing that is why this happened. Is this a common problem with the Hotshot? It seems like such an important piece that is constantly moving with the rear suspension bouncing up and down that I'm not totally surprised it came undone. This is step #18 dealing with BA4 and BD2 which is right below the rear shock. I had the small washer in place too.

Also, I was unable to use the washer when mounting the front bumper to the chassis on step #31. If I remove the washer and only use the spacer I am able to tighten it without a problem, and it seems to stay, but I do not have any thread-lock as the instructions state. I thought I might have stripped some bumper stay when I first put this in so I have ordered a new bumper stay. $$

Finally my last nit-picky thing is that I am using the ESC that came with the kit and the wiring for the battery pack is going straight from where it's mounted as indicated in the instructions to side of the car, but I find the clip for the battery pack keeps getting caught under the edge of the shell pushing the body up blocking "Crash" Cramer's view to the left and right, LOL. I feel like even if I had more slack here the body shell would still ride up. Am I missing something or is the body really only held down with that one clip in the middle? I feel like after running the car I can always push it down around the sides to seat it more firmly. It seems to work itself up in the front too. I don't think I've cut anything incorrectly. Looks exactly right according to the manual.

Anyway, thanks for reading :)

I’ve used a nylon lock nut in that part on my HS2 runner. I’ve seen the chassis crack when over tightened and this seemed a better solution to me.

• Like 1