Tunar

What's the best way to secure an esc?

3M VHB is good stuff. I use it on almost all my chassis except TRF419XR.  The cutouts of the chassis are so extreme, it would leave majority of the tape exposed to pick up the carpet fibres. In such case, I use an U6000 glue. It’s much like shoe goo but thinner. Has similar holding power to 3M tape and cleans up with ease 

7 hours ago, Cynan said:

I use 3M Dual Lock. It’s thick though but it allows me to move things around if I want and as both sides are “hooks” it doesn’t end up getting all messy like normal Velcro. As others have said the main thing is to get both services clean.

Dual lock is strong stuff, but can still be moved around. I like it better than normal hook and loop 

A-Main sells a great tape under the Pro-Tek line. It's clear rubber, very strong, and leaves no residue at all. You must have very clean surfaces and apply a good amount of pressure. It's stiff and strong enough to hold on spoilers and side dams on circle track cars.

Unfortunately, the tape that comes with ESCs is almost always garbage. It's very weak , the sticky either isn't or is impossible to remove, and, because they're two pieces of thin double sided tape sandwiching some foam, delaminate almost immediately. It's not worth using unless it has a 3M label.