Tunar

Getting some old cars on the road.

Hello everyone, I'm getting some cars on the road and kind of rediscovering the hobby with my son. 

My first rc car was a Hornet when I was about 9. I loved it even though back then it would only run for 15 minutes. A couple years later I bought a kyosho Optima mid. Then when I was maybe 12 or 13 I bought a Tamiya Lunchbox. A few years ago when my son was about 10 I bought a couple reissue Grasshoppers to build and run with him. We've had a lot of fun with those and I bought a vintage Grasshopper off ebay to upgrade so I can keep my black edition stock. 

I've done a couple repairs to the Optima mid, but need to replace the old esc with a new one. Recently I turned my attention to the lunchbox and I'm working on that. Then I've got my brothers grasshopper 2 and futaba fx10 to get back on the road. And finally I'm looking for a used hornet chassis to get my old hornet on the road. I've got a box of parts and my old body, so pretty much going to try to find a chassis or project car to start from. 

If anyone has some advice, I'm sure I could use it. I've just been buying Flysky controllers and batteries off Amazon as well as some cheep esc's. 

-Josh 

• Like 1

Welcome!   I avoid Amazon..  Check your LHS first if you have one.  Hobbywing is great for motors & esc’s..there are many more..  For your Lunchbox and other Tamiya builds, be sure to check out AMPro on YouTube and his parts at Shapeways.  Great stuff!  

One been watching the ampro stuff, at first when it was on eBay and later now its on shape ways.

The goto brushed esc is the hobbywing 1060, great solid esc for under £20.

I run all mine with a 15t HPI Firebolt (Core RC 15t are the same), they cost around a tenner.

• Like 1