Cynan

Wild One Off Roader

Can’t see that this has been posted yet but looks like a new release on the Wild One Off Roader is coming too.

Mentioned under the TamTech Grass Hopper post on the TamiyaBlog.

58695 1/10 R/C Wild One Off-Roader Blockhead Motors Livery [unique sticker design]

• Like 3

Couldn’t be happier.  Missed this first time around by waiting too long to pull the trigger.  Glad to see it back in some form.

• Like 1

It's funny because everyone got excited a few months ago about a new Wild One and most people were disappointed to find out it was a full size one.

I wonder if the rumours got mixed together? 

• Like 1

I'm quite excited for this one. I sold my Wild One a few years ago and regretted it. Then couldn't find another kit anywhere. Hopefully this also means a nice long term supply of parts too...

Yeah I'm keen on this. I didnt go with the re-re as I thought I was satisfied with my og one (which really needs a more thorough resto). A new kit that I can go quite scale on is appealing for sure.

I am happy about this.  I am fortunate to have a Wild One re-re already and don't plan on getting another with a different livery unless my LHS remain stocked with them for a bit.  I enjoy the one I have and hope many others can score one and enjoy for themselves as well.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

Just saw on RCkicks that there’s a Wild One re-re coming as a Jun Watanabe version….

Not quite . What I gathered from his Vidoe is the Jun Watanbe owns part of Blockhead Motors , so it’s possible the Blockhead Motors livery on it will be designed by him. 

1 hour ago, Dakratfink said:

Not quite . What I gathered from his Vidoe is the Jun Watanbe owns part of Blockhead Motors , so it’s possible the Blockhead Motors livery on it will be designed by him. 

That’s right. This is Jun Watanabe with Satoshi Maezumi (Paisen Rc) showing off some Blockhead Motors cars, including the Wild One.

I’m hoping the new Wild one will be a replica of the blue one here. Apparently the new wild one will be launched on the Tamiya live stream this weekend.

From Tamiyausa:

RC WILD ONE OFF-ROADER
DESCRIPTION
The Wild One is a R/C 2WD buggy assembly kit that has been a hobbyist favorite for years! We are celebrating the Wild One with this special release with a twist! The sticker set, this time around, is designed by Jun Watanabe’s brand "BLOCKHEAD MOTORS'', which has produced stickers and apparel, and customizations of Tamiya off road buggy models from the 1980s. Watanabe has taken part in the design of collaborative fashion, music, and skateboard projects to expand the horizons of R/C cars. This kit is sure to be a fun addition to anyone’s collection!

• 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit. Length: 425mm, height: 140mm, width: 225mm. Wheelbase: 255mm.
• Durable and lightweight ABS box type frame is matched with a battery case which is compatible with modern power sources such as Tamiya Racing Packs and LF batteries.
• 4-wheel independent suspension consists of coil springs and trailing arms. A wide tread ensures excellent off-road stability.
• Enclosed gearbox includes differential gears for smooth cornering.
• Driveshafts feature dog bone-type joints and dust cover.
• Includes 540-type brushed motor.
• Requires: 2-channel radio, steering servo, ESC. 7.2-7.4volt battery & charger

Unique to this release:
• Polycarbonate body (0.7mm thickness) is pre-cut and pre-painted in light blue.
• Comes with metal-plated parts (A, E, G and front/rear wheels)
• Window nets, number plates and dummy antenna included.
• Includes new stickers designed by Jun Watanabe’s brand "BLOCKHEAD MOTORS”.

IMG_Jul232021at24144PM.png.6f9808fd19eb7ab37c73fc41bca08469.png

But the guys are saying the Paisen Fox is the best looking. 

I agree, their Fox looks better.  Anyway interesting, but this WildOne not really my style..

• Like 1

I had a Wild One on backorder at Tower early last year and it got discontinued before they could fill it. I'd really prefer another run of the standard version but I guess beggers can't be choosers.. At least we're getting something! 

Blockhead Motors do custom RC cars so Tamiya pre-paints the body?

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2021 at 8:42 PM, Willy iine said:

IMG_Jul232021at24144PM.png.6f9808fd19eb7ab37c73fc41bca08469.png

So, any guesses as to the 'fake' sponsors they'll use instead of all these?
NGK, Champion, Pennzoil etc - Tamiya aren't big on spending licence money on 'fictional' kits

8574f66415e781b8e8766461cd533408.jpg

Quite like the Frog too, once they turn the tyres round;

tumblr_o6as3vV9zl1szue29o1_1280a83f8d2e9

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TWINSET said:

So, any guesses as to the 'fake' sponsors they'll use instead of all these?
NGK, Champion, Pennzoil etc - Tamiya aren't big on spending licence money on 'fictional' kits

I agree that the production kit will extremely likely come with "fake" sponsor stickers, so no excitement there.

What I am excited about though, is the chrome parts. According to Tamiya's official description, A, E and G parts will come chromed. The rollcage (or bumper) isn't mentioned at all. If this reflects reality, it will mean that the nerf bars and front bar connecting the rollcage halves will be chromed, but the bumper and rollcage (which kind of are parts related to the nerf bars), will not. 

I can see why Tamiya would choose to not chrome the bumper as the repeated flexing of the bumper would make the chrome flake off too easily. I think the rollcage could be chromed without any significant drawback though! 

WO.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

What I am excited about though, is the chrome parts. According to Tamiya's official description, A, E and G parts will come chromed. The rollcage (or bumper) isn't mentioned at all. If this reflects reality, it will mean that the nerf bars and front bar connecting the rollcage halves will be chromed, but the bumper and rollcage (which kind of are parts related to the nerf bars), will not. 

I can see why Tamiya would choose to not chrome the bumper as the repeated flexing of the bumper would make the chrome flake off too easily. I think the rollcage could be chromed without any significant drawback though!

New bonus part included in kit: 3 metres of chrome/silver tape for wrapping the roll bar :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, toyolien said:

I read somewhere that the expected price is £250-£300!

Approximately EUR250 confirmed as suggested retail price for continental Europe, which should mean lowest dealer price expected to be around EUR200. 

Based on this, a suggested retail price of GBP250 or a bit more for UK seems likely, if not exactly reasonable.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

...fake sponsors like TOYATO? 

Nothing that easily adapted :mellow:
On recent fictional vehicles, they've used their own imaginary brands, especially obvious with Pennzoil/Forward on the door decal above the 506 on the Scorcher
At least TOYATO is easily cut up and rearranged, hence the reason for using it

ss1.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TWINSET said:

Nothing that easily adapted :mellow:
On recent fictional vehicles, they've used their own imaginary brands, especially obvious with Pennzoil/Forward on the door decal above the 506 on the Scorcher
At least TOYATO is easily cut up and rearranged, hence the reason for using it

ss1.jpg

I'm a bit confused.  Pennzoil is an actual brand.  Simpson, K&N, Bil, Gumout, Jackman.. those are actual brands as well.  :blink: 

I must not be reading your post correctly.   Getting more coffee now..

Compare the two Scorchers - the left one (Re release) has 'Forward' as the oval door sticker over the 506 whereas the vintage Scorcher on the right has Pennzoil and other real companies' logos.
All the other 'brands' on the left one are fictional as far as I'm aware.

The Blockhead Wild One pictured so far has proper brands like Pennzoil, Champion etc, these are unlikely to make it to the Tamiya version

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TWINSET said:

Compare the two Scorchers - the left one (Re release) has 'Forward' as the oval door sticker over the 506 whereas the vintage Scorcher on the right has Pennzoil and other real companies' logos.
All the other 'brands' on the left one are fictional as far as I'm aware.

The Blockhead Wild One pictured so far has proper brands like Pennzoil, Champion etc, these are unlikely to make it to the Tamiya version

Oh, I did not see that.. interesting indeed!  

Ah, sorry - Fake sponsors were introduced years ago, it only really became a bit of a wind-up when the re-releases had the fakes too.

Thankfully, companies like Screen Print Digital have most of the sponsors covered without having to buy vehicle-specific decal sheets