Cynan

Wild One Off Roader

23 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

@moffman @Juhunio @toyolien What ESC’s are in your kits, just curious?

In Europe is a Carson the rest of the world (I think) its hobbywing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2021 at 3:08 AM, silvertriple said:

It seems I'm lucky, I succeeded to key in a reservation to my dealer by mail this morning (nb: it's not on his website, so no obvious way to ask).

I'll get it in the course of next week, but won't be able to open it before X-mas...

THAT'S what I get for Pre-ordering in late MAY!!!! 🤬🤬🙄

3 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Carson 70A Brushed ESC with Deans Connector 

..... Better than what us Yanks are getting, a 60A Hobbywing. Both are still more than enough!

3 minutes ago, Carmine A said:

THAT'S what I get for Pre-ordering in late MAY!!!! 🤬🤬🙄

I'm living in France. The shop is not exactly nearby, and their website is only showing part of the offering (some would even qualify the website as prehistoric)... The guy is passionate about rc vintage cars... I would have known earlier than September, I would have gone there many times already... And each time I get there, I'm buying a few kits (and I'm tempted by many more :-) )

I had to plan for that. I sent him a mail with the list of kit and parts I was planning to take next time, and asked him about the Blockhead WO availability as I would like to add it in the list. I got a reply later on that all of the things was reserved for me, as well as the blockhead WO (that by chance he had still one not yet reserved among the ones he is getting)... 

• Like 1

@silvertriple You got very lucky! That's great he was able to do that for you. Sometimes,  people forget how Big the US is.... I ordered from Horizon Hobby - over 2000 miles away! 😳

3 minutes ago, Carmine A said:

@silvertriple You got very lucky! That's great he was able to do that for you. Sometimes,  people forget how Big the US is.... I ordered from Horizon Hobby - over 2000 miles away! 😳

yeah, different scale of country. Here I tend to count in kms or drive hours from my home. It will be about 240 kms drive to get the kits back home, and it is not something I do very often. But as my wife is going to fetch something in another shop nearby, I got a perfect excuse to get there and spent some money :-D...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, silvertriple said:

yeah, different scale of country. Here I tend to count in kms or drive hours from my home. It will be about 240 kms drive to get the kits back home......

Definitely understand. We don't think a lot about driving to Vegas or Denver, each over 600 kms away. I guess it's just what you've been used to for a very long time. 😉

Mine arrived today along with a Tee and some decals for my other kits. No ESC at all with mine.

1CB6E10E-591E-4140-BC17-4A2903FDE9E9.thumb.jpeg.11778f07aee6d5072729b787c8477852.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

I'm from France. I asked to one french hobby shop i use when it will be available last week, they said end of this week. Yesterday the wild one blockhead was in stock in this shop. I didn't wait and ordered one. Few minutes later they were out of stock. It has been shipped this morning.

1 hour ago, Carmine A said:

The Tee was a nice touch!

It didn’t come free with the car, I just ordered it at the same time. It’s fun though and glad I got it

• Like 1

I don't have a wild one yet, but someone dropped me measurements, so I could do something in advance...

Tamiya Wild One - rear led holders by silvertriple - Thingiverse

If you want to try, i'm interested to see if it works (if measurements were right, it should work). Designed to work with 5 mm standard leds. The license plate holder (for the versions with it) should work with a Tamico custom licensed plate US format. (And if you print and try, please drop a picture so I can update the Thingiverse page without waiting to have a wild one :) )

• Thanks 2

Just received mine. Imported by T2M in France. It come with a TBLE-04s ESC. So, not only Carson ESC in EU.

Tble - 04s.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 11:45 AM, Jym73 said:

Just received mine. Imported by T2M in France. It come with a TBLE-04s ESC. So, not only Carson ESC in EU.

Tble - 04s.jpg

Just fetched mine which was booked at my favorite lhs. I will open it to check the esc... 

Got a ‘Dear John’ letter from Tamico, no Blockheads WO for me until January. 

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, J@mes said:

Got a ‘Dear John’ letter from Tamico, no Blockheads WO for me until January. 

I feel ya..... 😪  I haven't even got a Dear John letter. Just left hanging by Horizon Hobby. 🤬🤬🤬 

But the RC Elf just made sure I'll have a MERRY Christmas!!!!!🎅 🎄 😊 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, silvertriple said:

Just fetched mine which was booked at my favorite lhs. I will open it to check the esc... 

I checked the content of the box, and it is a TBLE04S (same as the M06 and TT02 kit I picked up at the same time)

11 hours ago, Carmine A said:

I feel ya..... 😪  I haven't even got a Dear John letter. Just left hanging by Horizon Hobby. 🤬🤬🤬 

But the RC Elf just made sure I'll have a MERRY Christmas!!!!!🎅 🎄 😊 

I'm sure Horizon, and Tower hobbies would love to know themselves. Kits are probably sitting on a container ship off the coast of CA. This whole global shipping fiasco has hopefully shown these manufacturers, you simply cannot rely on just one country to supply the worlds needs.

• Like 1

Did a quick test print of my parts for the wild one, and tested on the roll cage...

The simple part works out of the print directly...

Hw77tjC.jpg

However, I'm not yet satisfied by my design with the license plate holder. I need to rework it slightly. The license plate orientation should be more vertical (1 or 2 degrees), and the zip tie attachement slightly larger.

ZrpjKXS.jpg

I will rework the stls tonight and publish those as final once done... But without car picture at this stage...

• Thanks 2

I don't think any of these have hit the states yet.  Can anyone in the US prove me wrong?  I think the only way someone would have got them was order from an EU or HK shop.

• Like 1