Cynan

Wild One Off Roader

Pending charge on my Visa just this morning for my Blockhead from Tower Hobbies.  Does not say shipping just yet, but this is how it works for kits from them in the past for me....should ship today or tomorrow.

It's happening!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gaoh X said:

Pending charge on my Visa just this morning for my Blockhead from Tower Hobbies.  Does not say shipping just yet, but this is how it works for kits from them in the past for me....should ship today or tomorrow.

It's happening!

Thanks for the heads-up. Same here. Tower should only charge the payment when shipment is being processed.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, d4dawg said:

Thanks for the heads-up. Same here. Tower should only charge the payment when shipment is being processed.

Mine as well, excellent! 

Confirmed as I just got FedEx info for Wednesday delivery of the Blockhead (IL to MN).

• Like 1

Anyone in Aus heard anything yet? I have my doubts that it will arrive bevore Xmas.

I just noticed that Frontline have taken it off their site all together! :unsure: 

Tower has not changed my order status from backorder, so It's not looking good for the moment. Holding out hope they are getting to mine today but maybe I didn't get the order in on time.

Is this a limited/single run on kits?  Like whatever Tamiya has shipped so far, that's it? 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

Tower has not changed my order status from backorder, so It's not looking good for the moment. Holding out hope they are getting to mine today but maybe I didn't get the order in on time.

Is this a limited/single run on kits?  Like whatever Tamiya has shipped so far, that's it? 

I received a shipping notification from Fedex. When I look at my Tower account, I do not see it showing as being shipped, nor have I received any official Tower email. Hopefully they get some of this updated today and it will clear up whether you will have one shipped.  When did you pre-order? It looks like mine was preordered on August 11. 

• Like 1

Finally got my shipping email from Tower itself 15 min ago.........has left IL already and on it's way.  Could take them a day or more to process/ship all orders (mine was ordered 8/6).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, A-Baum said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that this is a full release rather than limited edition. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 2:57 PM, rc_ox said:

Anyone in Aus heard anything yet? I have my doubts that it will arrive bevore Xmas.

I just noticed that Frontline have taken it off their site all together! :unsure: 

Most retailers have been running with Mid December, which is pretty soon, and it’s very quiet from the Distributor

• Thanks 1

Tower changed blockhead to 'backorder' so if you didn't get one it'll probably be a while.  This is what I get for putting the pre order in on the super Avante first and changing my mind too late.  Ugh.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, A-Baum said:

Tower changed blockhead to 'backorder' so if you didn't get one it'll probably be a while.  This is what I get for putting the pre order in on the super Avante first and changing my mind too late.  Ugh.

....I feel ya. 🥺  I put in the Pre-order for the Blockhead within AN HOUR of its announcement with Horizon Hobby. I'm getting ridiculously LITTLE information. 🤬🤬

Got the call from my LHS that my Blockhead is there.  Pleasantly surprised as normally with back orders I get a call to confirm I am still interested.  

Blockhead from Tower arrived today.  I never got a shipping notice from FedEx or Tower.  I only knew it was coming from the hit on the charge card.  I think the lack of communication from Tower / Horizon might be due to when they had to switch from the original part number of 58695 to the new part number 58695-60A.  I personally have never had a problem with FedEx or Tower.  They have both always got me what I ordered.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tamiya3speed said:

Just noticed these are in stock at Amain for those that want one now.  

Just checked, not in stock anymore.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, A-Baum said:

Same here, was back and forth but ultimately decided on a Blockhead. I'm preparing myself for Tower to change the expected date from Dec, to Jan/Feb now..... :(

8 minutes ago, Hobbimaster said:

Just checked, not in stock anymore.

Well heck!  I guess they only has a single one in stock!  I came right from there to make my post.  Sorry if i got anybody's hopes up.  

• Sad 1

I'm honestly happy for those who got theirs  .....  But I'm BROILED at Horizon!! 😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬😭😭😭 

The ONLY email they've sent, told me that People with BIG YouTube Channels will get theirs First! 🙄😡  SHOULD have chosen Tower. 

1 hour ago, jdh6fan said:

Blockhead from Tower arrived today.  I never got a shipping notice from FedEx or Tower.  I only knew it was coming from the hit on the charge card.  I think the lack of communication from Tower / Horizon might be due to when they had to switch from the original part number of 58695 to the new part number 58695-60A.  I personally have never had a problem with FedEx or Tower.  They have both always got me what I ordered.

Received mine today but I never received an official email from Tower but received one from FedEx. Also, still doesn’t show as shipped in my Tower account. 

• Like 1

It's OK though.... 

THIS will be here by Friday!!! 😁😁👌😃😊👍👍

Screenshot_20211205-124208_Chrome.jpg

• Like 6

That tipper truck is awesome! Should keep you excited for a while just looking at all the parts. :)

I don't even know when I will be able to start building mine. Already many other kits in the back log, patiently waiting until my retirement. But what happened to Shodog recently, really got me thinking though.

• Like 2