Cynan

Wild One Off Roader

14 hours ago, TWINSET said:

New bonus part included in kit: 3 metres of chrome/silver tape for wrapping the roll bar :lol:

Nothing wrong with a little silver tape on the roll bar sometimes..:P

FlyingWildOne.jpg

• Like 8

Tamiya USA pricing is up:

image.png.6c0bac945b6f864937682685bee9e06b.png

So, MAP (minimum advertised price) should be around $223 at local hobby shops.

Silver molded frame. Happy to get silver plated wheels too. The lights look a little odd however - are they 54972 in a different colour?

I'm wondering if its going to get it's own box (Jun Watanabe hornet) or standard box with a sticker on the front?........unfortunately I'm thinking the latter!

Abit disappointed by this blue color. Shell comes pre-painted ? Any one tried to strip a Tamiya shell pre-painted ?

There is no roof top, seems weird and unsafe for a buggy.

4 hours ago, Goudar said:

Abit disappointed by this blue color. Shell comes pre-painted ? Any one tried to strip a Tamiya shell pre-painted ?

You can primer the outside using PS paint and paint over it with TS paint of your liking. I've done it on some polycarbonate bodies and it works fine.  I've also seen a few new bodies (clear) for sale on eBay so that is another route I suppose.. 

As for the roof, you can always make a cool original one.  

Those head lights remind me of Lego pieces for some reason.. 

I think the roof is the standard lexan one fron the original kit that they've just cut two rectangular holes in.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

You can primer the outside using PS paint and paint over it with TS paint of your liking. I've done it on some polycarbonate bodies and it works fine.  I've also seen a few new bodies (clear) for sale on eBay so that is another route I suppose.. 

As for the roof, you can always make a cool original one.  

Those head lights remind me of Lego pieces for some reason.. 

On lexan TS paint wont scrap easily ?

If we pick the original colors from the Wild One, it's a pretty dull color choice, for me. Before we get the THE WILD ONE, now its more The Little Cute Baby a bit Wild  One. :D

Yeah sure I can make roof, but it seems really weird like almost finish but not entirely. Reminds me the "X" plastic piece you had to remove for the sunroof on the Blackfoot shell.

14 minutes ago, Goudar said:

On lexan TS paint wont scrap easily ?

If we pick the original colors from the Wild One, it's a pretty dull color choice, for me. Before we get the THE WILD ONE, now its more The Little Cute Baby a bit Wild  One. :D

Yeah sure I can make roof, but it seems really weird like almost finish but not entirely. Reminds me the "X" plastic piece you had to remove for the sunroof on the Blackfoot shell.

Yes, unless you top off with clear coat the surface paint will scratch easily.  Even with clear it will not be anywhere as hard as a clear polycarbonate shell.  

I think killajb's WildOne posted above looks great.  Mine is a military theme so it is 'dull' on purpose (pictures in my profile page).    I suppose if the roof is polycarbonate it may come with the openings uncut and potentially closed..?  

• Thanks 1

Yep killajb's WildOne looks really great. I will find a solution, just my 2 cent.

Anyway thanks for your answer. ;)

12 hours ago, Goudar said:

I would have to assume that Tamiya use their own PS paint so using their polycarb paint remover should work.

• Thanks 1

Promo video is up... 

Gets revised box art too which is a nice bonus.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Wandy said:

Promo video is up... 

Gets revised box art too which is a nice bonus.

Short, but sweet the promo video. 

Growing on me this one and a pre-painted  body I see as a bonus 👏

• Like 1

I see the standard Wild One is getting another run too. More good news.

Have to say though, even though I will definitely get one of these Blockheads, the price being asked is a total liberty considering that the standard kit is coming back for £50 less.

The more I see the B/head the more I’m liking it, I’d be equally as pleased to see a standard kit to though. A FAV would be nice but they only seem to have come back In RTR at the moment which is a shame. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

The more I see the B/head the more I’m liking it, I’d be equally as pleased to see a standard kit to though. A FAV would be nice but they only seem to have come back In RTR at the moment which is a shame. 

If they ever do a FAV re-re-re, I'd like Tamiya to mold the chassis (bottom tub portion) black like the Wild One.  It just looks nicer and easier to maintain.

• Like 1

Great artwork. Is there any print or poster available with all those nice artworks ?

I found this one, but its out of stock.

Capture.JPG