Goodbye old friend :-(

Proper gutted - only 10+ years old
Taken from me whilst working on a window catch :(

sd1.jpg

sd2.jpg

• Sad 6

With deepest sympathy.

Sending you our thoughts and prayers.

Is that a grub screw on the handle? If so are there replacement tips for these? Could be a ressurection!!

Edited by Superluminal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, it's been a tough day :unsure:

50 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Is that a grub screw on the handle? If so are there replacement tips for these? Could be a ressurection!!

The tip is replaceable, but I can't find much on 3Racing screwdrivers.

At one point I did have an EDS 4.0 and, whilst the diameter was the same, the tip was a completely different profile and useless on Tamiya screws.

I have a lot of JIS bits and a couple of Tamiya drivers somewhere, will dig them out when I'm ready to start assembling again...

RIP 3racing screwdriver. Gone but not forgotten.

• Thanks 1

I too would be saddened if this happened to me, but just remember everything has a use….

It can be used to clean dirt / mud / poo out the bottom if your shoes after you’ve been outside :lol: i have an old dedicated screwdriver just for this! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 53HRA said:

I too would be saddened if this happened to me, but just remember everything has a use….

I know, it's just that this one got used for everything else - my poo-pick candidates are numerous :lol:

sd3.jpg

sd4.jpg

sd5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let this be a lesson - when you buy a screwdriver with a replaceable tip, buy a replacement tip at the same time! That's what I did with my EDS JIS screwdriver (which fits fine in tamiya screws - though mine is a 5.8mm and not 4mm)

I'm sure you'll be able to find a replacement tip somewhere, even if it's a different brand. 

• Thanks 1

It wasn't until years later I realised what a unicorn a cheap screwdriver which did Tamiya 3mm screws was - by then it was too late.
I tried EDS as a spare, but the point profile was all wrong - just ordered a couple of ArrowMax from eBay to see if they're any better - Don't actually need it exclusively for Tamiya screws so much now, but it was just the right size for most screws around the house!

This is part of the reason why I have RC tools, car tools, and household tools, with clear limits placed on where each can be used.

Sorry for your loss...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@markbt73 the annoying thing is I was loosening (or aiming to) a self tapper in a UPVC window frame - pretty much the same circumstances as stripping down a Tamiya, but white plastic 😆

Never use your RC tools on anything else, the same rule applies for household tools. I keep mine strictly separated!

8 hours ago, djmcnz said:

Arrowmax replacement tips (https://www.smalladdictionsrc.com/) might well fit.

Also LRP replacement tips if you can find them, this is what I use and they're very good.

Cheers - I actually ordered some Arrowmax tips over the weekend, so fingers crossed...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203504102889

6 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

Never use your RC tools on anything else, the same rule applies for household tools. I keep mine strictly separated!

There's a few bits I don't cross borders with, but most of it (apart from the hedge cutter) is multi-hobby :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1