With the seat glued in place, it was time to tighten up the cro... the le...  the middle buckles.  'scuse me, miss.

sm_PA090052.jpg

There, that's better...  er...  In all seriousness, the main problem here is in the moulding.  No, not that bit.  You see, Dakota has a severe arch to her lower spine, which affects how she sits in the seat.  She's probably been over-extending on those squats, and that's going to give her some serious problems in a few years if she doesn't sort that technique.  Unfortunately there's not much I can do about it besides heating her up until she's soft enough to bend, and that was likely to end in disaster, so I didn't bother, I'll just have to go buy a physio figure for when she gets back from the trails.  Although for safety's sake it might be advisable to add an additional strap across the che...  the middle, if she has an accident with the belts like that she could lose an arm.

sm_PA090053.jpg

She fits well enough, but she needs a dashboard, it kinda looks like someone stole her newspaper and she hasn't noticed yet

sm_PA090057.jpg

• Haha 2

Fortunately she eats a lot of baked beans.  They're full of protein, plus they keep you warm when you're camping on the trails.

sm_PA090058.jpg

sm_PA090059.jpg

sm_PA090060.jpg

Glued onto a strip of plasticard and painted satin black

sm_PA090065.jpg

sm_PA090066.jpg

secured in place under the body with silage tape and hot glue

sm_PA090067.jpg

sm_PA090069.jpg

I hope she's got the heaters on in there, it's the middle of October

sm_PA090068.jpg

sm_PA090072.jpg

sm_PA090073.jpg

sm_PA090074.jpg

sm_PA090075.jpg

This is my 1:10 scale holly tree

sm_PA090077.jpg

sm_PA090079.jpg

And here are 3 good friends, about to this the trails in just under a week's time for some serious off road action

sm_PA090081.jpg

• Like 2

You are using exactly the same seatbeltmethod that i use.

Quick and Dirty.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, whahooo said:

Quick and Dirty.

And effective, and visually pleasing.  They look as much like real seatbelts as anything else, and they actually work :)