djmcnz

Looking for vintage Tamiya TA02 marketing image

Hi all,

I'm looking for a vintage Tamiya TA02 photo/picture that Tamiya published in the mid-90's, I used to have a copy but I can't find it. It's quite iconic for the TA02 and I know of a few builds that were based on that exact picture, mine included.

It was a chassis-only picture and looked like the chassis in the pic below, even the cable ties are faithfully positioned. It included the full range of (visible) period correct Hop-Ups including the OG CRP P-160F ESC. Carbon chassis plates and period Dyna-Run motor. I don't recall if it was a 'SW' or different version of the TA02 but it might have even been a Taisan with the silver 'boxes (can't recall).

TaisanHopUp-01.jpg

Any help much appreciated, my Google-fu has failed me.

• Like 2

I don't know a lot about these, but I would try looking at Tamiyabase.com, Lars has a lot of older information and pics, he might have what you are after.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @yogi-bear, that was a helpful tip...

TA02_Carbon_Chassis.jpg

Source: Tamiya 1996 and 1999 Guide Books (via tamiyabase.com)

That's slightly different, I'm sure there's another one with a Dyna-Run motor, but this is cool. Now, does anyone have a better, ideally full colour, version (of this or alternatives)?

• Like 1

ok, the 1996 book only has that image and a TA02 Racing Special Chassis Kit which is the bath tub. I'd try and do a hi res scan with the phone. I have some other guide books, I will check what's in them.

I have some other guide books around that era, but they all have that photo. I've scanned it in, so its higher res, but really there isn't a lot more detail. PM me if you want the scan

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, djmcnz said:

Hi all,

I'm looking for a vintage Tamiya TA02 photo/picture that Tamiya published in the mid-90's, I used to have a copy but I can't find it. It's quite iconic for the TA02 and I know of a few builds that were based on that exact picture, mine included.

It was a chassis-only picture and looked like the chassis in the pic below, even the cable ties are faithfully positioned. It included the full range of (visible) period correct Hop-Ups including the OG CRP P-160F ESC. Carbon chassis plates and period Dyna-Run motor. I don't recall if it was a 'SW' or different version of the TA02 but it might have even been a Taisan with the silver 'boxes (can't recall).

TaisanHopUp-01.jpg

Any help much appreciated, my Google-fu has failed me.

looks excellent but is it me or is your battery holder further back on the chassis compare to the Tamiyabase pic?

1 minute ago, svenb said:

looks excellent but is it me or is your battery holder further back on the chassis compare to the Tamiyabase pic?

It's not you - the chassis has extra holes for mounting the holder in different positions. 

1 minute ago, rich_f said:

It's not you - the chassis has extra holes for mounting the holder in different positions. 

my eyes havent failed me then:lol:

Yeah, mine is configured for the short (and wide) wheelbase, the Tamiya pic is standard wheelbase.

On 7/30/2021 at 7:43 AM, djmcnz said:

I'm sure there's another one with a Dyna-Run motor

I was surprised when you posted originally saying the picture you sought included this motor, as I had thought (based on the pic attached) the period correct one for the TA02 was the Acto Power 53153, released in 1993. I tend to associate the Dyna-Run, from 1996, with the TA03....still, if you do find that other picture, that would be great to see!

F2ACA9A3-DAFA-4A75-A56D-1188BCD630E7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, futureworks said:

I was surprised when you posted originally saying the picture you sought included this motor, as I had thought (based on the pic attached) the period correct one for the TA02 was the Acto Power 53153, released in 1993. I tend to associate the Dyna-Run, from 1996, with the TA03....still, if you do find that other picture, that would be great to see!

I appreciate the image, thank you. It's entirely possible my memory is faulty (🙄).

The Dyna-Run ST was released at about the same time as the Taisan Starcard Porsche so so reasonably era correct for the chassis.