nel33

3mm suspension pins

are there any common screw pin replacements to go with suspension pins when it comes the upper and lower arms? 46mm usually goes to 48.5mm, 22mm->25mm??, 32mm->33mm  ETC. i find the 33mm suspension pins a bit too short to swap out the 32mm screw pins without filing down the arms a bit. are there any alternative that are between 33mm and 37mm? im also considering a boomerang chassis build so the 38mm screw pin will have to go. i got some 3.5mm pins in the wr-02 set but those are for different models and some applications on thundershot chassis.

filing down suspension arms to fir the 33mm shaft isnt a deal breaker but it takes some time to file off that tough plastic material, if the shaft was 1mm longer then it would be even easier to install.

1 hour ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

found this shows the screw pin to shaft sizes i remember looking at this for my terra scorcher. hope it helps.

ta01/02 stainless steel hinge pin ? - Vintage Tamiya Discussion - Tamiyaclub.com

thank you for the reply, i found the 33.4 was a bit too short to the extent i bent the clip and clamping the arms in a vice wasnt a smart option. i did find Tamiya Hop-Up Options DB02 3x41mm Titanium Coated Suspension Shaft OP-1469 54469 to swap out the 38mm screw pins. the geometry of the suspension arms that take the 33.4mm pins need closer look at how much i can take off.

• Like 1

M-Chassis long pins are 37mm. You can get a gold Ti set also 54212.

6 hours ago, djmcnz said:

M-Chassis long pins are 37mm. You can get a gold Ti set also 54212.

i got  the WR02 set (2 sets=4 pins of each length) with 52mm and 37mm pins. tried them on the manta and needed 7 spacers in total per pin. not an ideal number of spacers but it technically fits, not sure how much dirt/grime might cause binding issues with that many. im hoping there might be 35mm pins out there in the ocean of parts. filing down the plastics is annoying at best.

2 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

HPI #A281 = (2) m3x36 and (2) m3x42 shafts???

i already found some 3x41mm shafts to replace 38mm screw pins but those 3x36mm shafts may work fairly good.  flange shafts can work, thats one less clip i could potentially lose.

EDIT: thanks for pointing me in a good direction, i didnt consider flange shafts, ebay has this: HPI Racing 105658 Flange Shaft 3x35mm (2) Savage XS Flux. got 3 sets ordered :). i dont think i will have to file anything now and if so its going to be almost nothing. ive figured out 2.5-3mm is the magic number for the good length.