Goudar

Goudar bench's - Blitzer Beetle

Nice! Liking the name Bearkenstein:lol:

Those are Super Astute tyres stretched over Sand Viper wheels? I think there are some Schumacher spiked tyres that should fit I believe.

How's the shell looking now?

• Haha 1

@Kol__Yep I tried to find some tires on Schumacher brand. But I would like to try those Tamiya tires with a unique design, struggled a bit to find some rims that will fit tires and looks like original ones. Maybe repro of Fox rims from

I may order some Schumacher tires for my futur project.

Shell looking good, lurking in the closet, repro decals on their way.

W9OjNNt.jpg

• Haha 1

First run today with my last one, RX Memorial. I got not some much time to run my cars during couple of weeks, every week-ends was rainy.

This time no that much water and a pleasant sun, I take my chance. Lipo ready, car set, let's get to the drop pod. She handle pretty well despite some big rocks and medium, the sport tuned motor did perfectly his job, no surprise with dampers, great.

Perfect run, if I ignore some scratchs and paint chips on certain areas. Those rocks flies every where and hit hardly my lovely paint job... But its a part of the deal. She get out in a pretty good condition and ready for another run.

Now she has seen his playground and get some dirts on his wheels. ^_^

2VZ3cVl.jpg

3FXYiui.jpg

tFMOwXl.jpg

• Like 6

Flash update.

This is a story of a guy, who says to his Cat'ssistant : It will take less then 2min !

I would NEVER again underestimate a simple task, at first...

GGhJrd7.jpg

Postman deliver the last pieces of the riddle, adjuster that will fit on 3,8mm (?) ball studs. Just before going to eat, thats an easy job. 1h00 later... I finally get the solution.

At first I installed balls and adjusters in forward direction. MMmmeh. Not good, tie rods rubbings against the rear of frontarm and causing some distortions/stress on plastic arms. Then I punch myself in the nose, giving a look at manual.

With the stock steering linkages, they come from the REAR of servo saver. Not in front. I tried to switch from side to side. And now, adjusters are too thick... I take a deep breath, scratch my head, then choose to use the other 4mm adjusters, find some small balls connector.

Bingo ! Job done !

6dYjeyL.jpg

ErTiLbC.jpg

Everythings are now in place, next stop, final touch on bodyshell :wub:

• Like 3

Nice work @Goudar! Really coming together well now. I believe the Blitzer Beetle & Stadium Blitzer/Thunder trucks have the proper adjustable turnbuckle set up with thicker rods like you've fitted, as opposed to the thin threaded rod with the little white ball end joints. Certainly an upgrade. Might be worth a look at the manual for those trucks with regard to fitment, I think they also fit to the rear of the servo saver -

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/manuals.asp?cm=420

• Thanks 1

I made the same mistake when assembling mine - I put the ball studs on the front of the horn, and then bolted on the front bulkhead. Found out pretty quick the steering didn't move at all. I downloaded a Blitzer manual to get the steering link sizes, however I glossed right over where they were mounted. Whoops! 

• Like 1

I got some free time to work on my Bear Hawk.

MCI repro decals does the job, they are much fragile but I'm pretty pleased by the result. Now I'm playing around to find the good wheels combo... For me that is the hardess part of this project.

GQMGI7l.jpg

PZ2xEM8.jpg

Then after a quick test run, I choose to get rid of stock pogo dampers and installed some left over dampers from my RX Memorial.

EgV36aB.jpg

• Like 3

Woohoo! Great to see the finished article mate, looking real good too!B)

Decent choice on the oil filled dampers, how did they perform compared with the friction pogos?

I like the orange wheels mate, are they from the Super Hornet?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Goudar said:

Now I'm playing around to find the good wheels combo... For me that is the hardess part of this project.

To my eye, now that you have switched from red to grey dampers, you need the brightly coloured wheels to brighten things up a bit. They also seem to tie in nicely with the orange on the decals, as least on camera. How close is the colour match to the naked eye?

• Thanks 1

@Kol__ works really well, way better then pogo sticks and its a cheap solution to get a better car, I got lots of projects that still waiting. I'm a bit sad 'cause I couldn't find any red shocks.

JcRacing rims repro. There is a good amount of varations, if you need some repro wheels, go for it. Tires fits pertectly on it.

https://www.jcracingproducts.co.uk/tamiya/wild-one

Its a shame they don't have any repro speed dish rims :(

@TurnipJF yep that the idea when I choose those orange rims. Color are pretty close, just a bit dull compared to orange decal (my phone brighten a bit too much). But that did the trick and I'm a bit bored trying to solve that wheels problem :D

Thanks for your opinion.

I will take some proper shots, when I got some time and a nice weather.

• Like 2

Ah the Bearkenstein in its natural habitat, what a thing of beauty!!B)

The shocks and wheels combo looks cool mate.

If you really want red shocks bud, you could pick up a set of the TT02B CVA's in white (came on the Plasma Edge and Dual Ridge) and then dye them red;) That's what I've picked up for my Neo Scorcher and simply used the yellow kit ones on my Mad Bull.

Here is some shots, with his driver this time ! First test run in real conditions, that was pretty fun, until...

Got something coming tomorrow, you will see.

Nza4zsV.jpg

Uec6dR4.jpg

• Like 3

Here is some footage from that first run. I got some problem with my Nimh battery, motor stall. But that was pretty cool. I soldered a XT90 then give it a try with a lipo, everything was perfect. She definitly fly all around the place. Dampers are really good, I jumped a bit without any hard landings. I'm really pleased.

Can't wait to get a proper run and better footages.

Anyone that used a Sport motor Tuned got a pretty warm can ? I will try with an alloy heat sink or switch for a genuine 540 motor.

That was my first rebuild, I really enjoyed all the process and pleased by the final result. But that was a lot of hard body shells sanding (Blackfoot, Bear Hawk, next quick re-build), I need to change for my next NIB.

Now it's time for another quick project before I start working on my birthday/chrismas present I got. A little sneakpeak of my next rebuild...

fYyv9gb.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks a lot, that was a real pleasure to rebuild this car and looks great on the shell. Not that much ground clearance, she sitting pretty low.

• Like 1

Awesome @Goudar! Great little vid there, look forward to more - liked and subscribed:)

The buggy looks great mate, the rear of the Bear Hawk is particularly cool and with those beefy orange wheels it just looks badass. The OEM driver is a nice touch too, you must be very pleased with the finished resultB)

So what's next mate? What's cooking/loading in the background?:ph34r:

• Like 1

Thanks @Kol__ it's another part of the hobby to get some footage and add some beat from my friend (Phen Rear).

Yep I love the look of that car, she looks pretty agressive.

Haha for my next project this is a car with a hard body, set-up with the motor on picture above. More content soon :)

• Like 2

This is the beginning of a new journey. I found this one for a solid price (60€), nearly fresh (1-2 packs) with some minor scratchs. I got this model on my line of sight for a long time but I found the price a bit too steep. Seems to be a fun car to enjoy a good ride.

As I said above its quick project, I will install :

- Ball bearings

- Turnbuckle

- Servo saver

- BZ motor

- new stickers

- fresh body paint

- steel pinion 13T RW

All parts are nearly new, body need some touchs before painting session. I got a BZ motor in my stash, at first for another project (TT02B) but I would like to give it a try with this Beetle.

UP1eE2a.jpg

Driver is ready to jump on the car seat.

I would like to add a touch of vintage style on his helmet. My first attempt to sculpt something with Tamiya putty, turns out pretty well. That was fun.

07Xzu7i.jpg

Gs2ku7M.jpg

EKtrc06.jpg

Then I installed bearings for the Bz motor, the one at bottom was pretty hard to get in...

0ZaGjyV.jpg

Next should be all body works !

• Like 1

Nice one @Goudar, that sounds like a sweet deal. I'll be interested to see how that BZ motor performs in the Blitzer, I've considered it myself a few times for a few cars as well, but haven't picked one up yet.

So is the shell going to be box art or are you mixing it up?

• Like 1