Goudar

Goudar bench's - Blitzer Beetle

Yep @Kol__, the result is a mix.

I choose to give a try with some other brands then Tamiya.

KLZNB66.jpg

Ak paint looks like a mix between a green and blu marine. At first I had some trouble with my process to thin down paint. Paint litteraly dried instant in the nozzle; takes me half an hour to clean all the stuff... Second attempt, I used a small pot with paint then add some thinner (paint 40 - thinner 60) and not mixing in the airbrush bucket. I got a pretty nice finish, mat, color tint looks perfect just what I expected.

This was a tint used by japanase during the WW2 on their aircraft.

Nakajima_Ki84_Hayate_N3385G_ONT_18.10.70

Back to rc stuff, now. Orange looks gorgoues, so much vibrance. It need even more thinner (paint 30 thinner 70). I used white as primer. I tried to repair some scratchs, I did when I tried to slide in place the front grill, with a brush. Nope, not working.

Vx0PyVC.jpg

x8M2Y7f.jpg

Stickers time !

NSG3kCt.jpg

diWv2Qj.jpg

I'm pretty pleased by the result, it looks nearly close as what I would like. Next time should be the test run !

• Like 7

Haha! Oh yes @Goudar!!! That looks brilliant mate! What a different colour you've got there, very very coolB)

I would suggest maybe going over it with a Tamiya flat/Matt clear coat? I have a very similar approach to my Blitzer Beetle shell at the moment, I'm going with a dark grey instead of the stock black and then going to coat with the flat clear to take the shine off the stickers and protect the paint a bit.

How challenging did you find the sticker application? I'm not really looking forward to all those big blobs and the front wings etc!:rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@goudar I would +1 @Kol__’s comments. I love the look of this, a great twist on the standard look which makes it really unique. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Kol__ yeah a used some mat varnish (that I used for minis) but I really don't know if its a good varnish for outdoor activitys. I sprayed varnish before stickers was in place. How is Tamiya's varnish ?

That looks exciting for non-box art players. I'm in ! :wub:

Sticker was pretty hard to sat in place (I hate those front fenders....) but with some patience and relaxations with a zeste of spoapywater/heatgun, I'm proud of the result. That was challenging no doubt.

Thanks mates @GeeWings & @Kol__ !

I may get a rid of plastic windows and use some window net. Or keep it to prevent too much stuff to get in.

• Like 1

SvgB1dC.png

I got a chance to run the Bearkenstein yesterday, that was a real pleasure, cornering nicely, a good speed and cva dampers works really well. During my session I monitored the Sport Tuned motor, he was pretty hot, I may switch to a 540 silvercan.

This car get cursed, after my first run on "Racing by post" track, the front arm hit a rock,  ball connector stripped the hole of steering knuckle... I need to fix that, maybe with some shoo goo in hole then insert the connector ?

Anyway track was cool and car run like a charm, she's a beast !

moh0zSC.png

• Like 3

What a tease with those photos @Goudar!:lol: We need to see more of the awesome Bearkenstein! More pics please!B)

Shame about the damage from the rock bud. I have a spare red C parts tree if you need to replace the red knuckle mate.

@Goudar, I've got the bonnet stickers onto my Blitzer shell now, pretty tricky! The colour match to the plastic of the nose cone is not great, I see why you painted yours. I think I might paint the nose cone orange as well, how did you slide it into place without damaging the orange paint?:wacko:

@Kol__ I don't know if missed that one or not. But could help with your needs.

Yep that stickers set was one of the most challenging I put on RC's hardshell. But the result is awesome.

For the nose at first I set in place without thinking about some scratchs on paint... Not good. The second time I push the nose from side to side with my thumbs and gently pushing wheels archs in opposite directions (placing my fingers on wall archs). If that makes any sense. Works pretty well, the front is pretty robust.

14 minutes ago, Goudar said:

But could help with your needs.

:lol::lol::lol: Yeah that helps a bit;)

My Bear Hawk is still in a box for a future build mate, so that (plus more content from you @Goudar) should tide me over for now.

Thanks for the info on the Blitzer nose cone. If I do paint it, I'll use that technique:)

• Like 1

Here is some shots after postal racing session @Kol__ Last frame shot to enjoy a good ride before some rainy days.

4w3MV3H.jpg

uBiz8Bz.jpg

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice mate!B) Looks badass all covered in dust, like it's been chasing down some bears!!!:ph34r:

So what's next for Goudar's build thread?

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 6:33 PM, Kol__ said:

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice mate!B) Looks badass all covered in dust, like it's been chasing down some bears!!!:ph34r:

So what's next for Goudar's build thread?

That should be a lovely present from my sister I got for Christmas. A car who didn't get enought love, more coming soon B)

Bear in the wood roaming around.

8XgFgAP.png

JBSEGqV.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Goudar said:

EAe3jhy.png

Brilliant shots mate, in particular the one above I have affectionately called for you 'Bearkenstien tears the wood a new one':ph34r:

The low down no wing look is just so cool on the Bear HawkB)

1 hour ago, Goudar said:

A car who didn't get enought love, more coming soon B)

Building the anticipation mate, nice;)

Some shots from my last project. I'm pretty pleased by the result and the budget I keep as low as possible, can't wait to give it a run.

aurtUMi.jpg

5QkB5Dh.jpg

F6d3Ssd.jpg

EZDLPdo.jpg

Now its time to move on another project !

• Like 1