wintersdawn

RC Model Store

I would phone them before ordering - their stock list looks quite old, in so much as they don't have any new releases that I could see. For instance, their newest Traxxas crawler is the TRX4 Chevy Blazer and the GMade line is quite out of date too.

I'm also a bit suspicious when a site has things like "© 2019 - Rcmodelstore™" at the bottom

Having said that, they do have a covid statement in their 'news', but that was dated Dec 2020

Ring 'em first!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TWINSET said:

I would phone them before ordering - their stock list looks quite old, in so much as they don't have any new releases that I could see. For instance, their newest Traxxas crawler is the TRX4 Chevy Blazer and the GMade line is quite out of date too.

I'm also a bit suspicious when a site has things like "© 2019 - Rcmodelstore™" at the bottom

Having said that, they do have a covid statement in their 'news', but that was dated Dec 2020

Ring 'em first!

Cheers, last night I sent an email and also discovered that they do whatsapp chat so sent a message that way too but haven't heard anything yet. 

The part I want to order says 'Supplier stock, 1-2 days' on their store but is unavailable from any other U.K. model store so as you say the website could be outdated.

Still haven't heard back and it occurred to me that, as they are still accepting orders/payments, if I had impulsively bought the part I wanted, I probably would have had to make a PayPal claim to get the money back. All that hassle when really they should take the website down, unless they hope the customer won't pursue a claim and they get to keep the money.

I ordered paint from them last year, after many attempts to contact them via whatsapp, email and various unanswered calls I had to put in a PayPal claim to get my money back after waiting almost 4 months (and they didn't respond to the that either!)

Avoid!

• Like 2

I think websites like RC Model Store should be shut down as your money went somewhere, probably to whoever used to run the store. 

Nice little earner for them if someone doesn't know how to get their money back.