Juggular

What is this yellow?

@TurnipJF posted this picture. Could you tell me what this color is?  Since the thread was for photos only, I decided to ask here. Maybe somebody else would want to use this color too?  I definitely want this color.  

AK5RjAb.jpg

8 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

If it's Tamiya it might be 'Camel Yellow'.

Oh it must be the photo. I have a vague feeling I did ask Turnip about this. He must have given me the same answer. Because I painted Camel Yellow on my Dancing Rider. Mine doesn't look nearly as good. Turnip's car looks little more golden. I wonder if I should try backing it with orange next time. 

It is indeed Camel Yellow, backed with white in this case. Here are a couple of other photos featuring the same paint combo under different lighting:

2021-03-17_04-28-18

2021-01-27_07-50-42

2019-07-29_09-28-19

2021-01-24_11-20-21

• Thanks 1

I don't know if it's the lighting, but your camel yellow looks A LOT better than mine. Like professional-job vs teenager-job.  Maybe because I didn't take the film off yet. And indoor lighting is always worse than outdoor lighting (at least, so I hope).  

3L97nKs.jpg

15 minutes ago, Juggular said:

I didn't take the film off yet

That makes a HUGE difference in my experience.  Do not judge anything until you've removed the protective film.  It dulls everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Indeed. Yours looks much like mine did prior to film removal. Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised when your film is removed. 

• Thanks 1

I love Tamiya Camel Yellow. I’m slow only just to realise it’s likely named for the cigarette branding that used to be on racing cars. 

• Like 1

Its also the color RC10 classic guys tend to use for boxart reproductions when they don't feel like mixing paints to get the exact color.

• Like 1

Why have I got a hankering for custard all of a sudden?

Only kidding, I'm developing a liking for yellow

SCX10iii.jpg

EDIT: note, this is NOT Camel yellow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, J@mes said:

I love Tamiya Camel Yellow. I’m slow only just to realise it’s likely named for the cigarette branding that used to be on racing cars. 

Having met a fair number of camels in my travels, and not having found a single one with a coat that matches PS-19, this explanation makes a lot more sense than the one I had in mind!

• Haha 1

It could be PS-6 yellow backed with a darker colour this is PS-13 gold backed with dark gun metal and its gone like a TS-47 chrome yellow! Absolutely nothing like the gold on the lid 

20210328_140102.jpg

On 8/6/2021 at 4:39 PM, Badcrumble said:

Why have I got a hankering for custard all of a sudden?

Only kidding, I'm developing a liking for yellow

SCX10iii.jpg

EDIT: note, this is NOT Camel yellow.

Was this prodigious coats of PS-6, backed by white? I never have the greatest luck with that colour, but this looks marvellous.

21 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Was this prodigious coats of PS-6, backed by white? I never have the greatest luck with that colour, but this looks marvellous.

Thank you!

It was a full can of PS-6, liberally backed with white which was then covered with silver. A shame I'd missed a few spots of black overspray from painting the hardtop but I was pleased overall.

In my haste, I'd forgotten to mask the rear light clusters too :ph34r:.  

• Like 1