phiber_optik

CC01 Mods

Hey Everyone,

I've had a pretty standard CC01 for a number of years now, generally love the truck but as we all know it has its flaws. With some homebrew smarts I'm going to try and make it a better truck without shelling out alot of cash. I've no idea if some of these mods will be successful but I will report back.

Mod one, steering!

Ive trimmed the top of the standard horn on the steering shaft and put on a standard servo piece, bolted a long M3 bolt though the whole assembly and put 2 5mm balls on top, the plan here is to implement a push pull steering assembly. The steering wire at the bottom will also be replaced with 2 more 5mm balls and a small threaded rod between them to help remove any slop (if there is enough space)

_20210809_101103.JPG

Tonight's mod was removing anything from the chassis I deemed no longer needed. I've seen people cut alot more off their CC01 chassis but I didn't want to go too wild and wanted to keep the stock body post positions and damper mounts.

I also made a new electronics tray out of 2mm aluminium, because I could and as practice for a skid plate I plan to make for under the main chassis.

_20210810_231351.JPG

• Like 1

Fabricated some brackets for the rear shocks. These will bolt in to the ends of the rear axle since the home made 4 link won't accommodate the dampers.

_20210817_114149.JPG

The CC-01 has probably the lousiest/crappiest steering system in all of their truck chassis. I would suggest changing those plastic steering set to Hot Racing (HR) or at least Yeah Racing (YR). Stay away from GMP and Xtraspeed, because both are aluminum craps.