I don't think mines a rocket.............................

but it moves.

7H3HcrD.jpg

Osrx8XW.jpg

79CC Preditor

built this five years ago

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Looks bad@ss with the black paintwork

Thanks, black and chrome never fail.

I agree, I'm proud of my creation and I now pronounce it Rocker Chopper.

Or scootit, chopit and rocket..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Superluminal said:

NOS bottle under the seat????

Where else would you put it?. Lol.. 

Good eye though..I was blinded by chrome..

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Looks bad@ss with the black paintwork

I didn't even strip it down or remove stickers off the red frame, gave it a quick rub with steel wool and spray away..

Thinking, it's easier to get paint off the tyre, than it is to get the tyres off .

I had to buy those handle bars when I saw them. But I did cut over an inch off each end to shorten them a little..

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

I didn't even strip it down or remove stickers off the red frame, gave it a quick rub with steel wool and spray away..

Thinking, it's easier to get paint off the tyre, than it is to get the tyres off .

I had to buy those handle bars when I saw them. But I did cut over an inch off each end to shorten them a little..

It looks really good!

Think I'd go with your name "Chopit" as that's what's most likely to happen to any of your bodily external appendages if you stack it.

16 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

It looks really good!

Think I'd go with your name "Chopit" as that's what's most likely to happen to any of your bodily external appendages if you stack it.

Don't say that man, my kids rode it today, well my eldest, who is 9, the 8 year old didn't want to, but he couldn't control it when it was MK1.

https://youtu.be/C4tqI8yQNU8

https://youtu.be/MZebaiAaJVA

• Haha 1

:lol: Classic!! They're much braver and more coordinated than i've ever been!

Id have tank slappered it into the lamposts

4 hours ago, Superluminal said:

My boys have been driving Tamiya since before they could walk. Lol. 

My eldest is going to pilot my Tamiya quick drive to ,50,mph or I'll eat a lunchbox. Promise..

I took them off road go karting a couple of weeks ago, and on the flat practice field, my eldest looked really disappointed with the lack of speed, lol. He cheered up on the track, driving over obstacles..

It was the canal, I was more worried about. Lol

Needs a bit more work, the deck keeps slipping down and grounding out, so that's next job. Sorted a hefty seat support bracket, ,,(the parcel shelf is rated to carry ,50kg, when fitted correctly). It's not fitted correctly, so needed the extra support..but should carry me without fear of falling on my bum..

And I should fit lead acid batteries so it's more child friendly, but I do have a voltage meter that I was going to fit on to monitor total voltage...

The list goes on. And the painted ponies go up and down.

I gave my mate a go today, he rides a bicycle and is a bit of a calamity on that. 

I wish I'd filmed it, but I was talking to my ex on the phone, (she was not impressed when I started laughing, and said" he's lying on his back in the middle of the road",).. I got, "you're not even listening to me, and she hung up . 

Even my elderly neighbour was laughing at him, my mates not far away from 50, lying on his back in the middle of the road on a kids bike..  lol.

I promise, I'll get him on it again and film it, he sat too far back..

The kids aren't heavy enough to tip it like that. Lol

• Haha 1

Did some more chopping off the bottom bracket on the bike frame to gain ground clearance. 

Looking at the frame last night, I think my mate might have bent it a bit during his wheelie,/ wipeout yesterday.. 

But it hasn't broken, and I have a spare similar sized kids bike to replace it with should any major breakages occur during "*testing"

*I'll get my mate on it again and make sure I film it . If the frame snaps in half, I have a spare ready to start on.

Goes quite fast downhill, I had to back off the throttle a bit, which is unusual for me but I started to get the "wobble" so had to slow down..

Rigorous *"testing" is needed to make sure it's *safe for the kids. 

*Rigorous testing= it's actually quite fun, and already reasonably quick, only upgrade is 6s lipo 22 volts instead of 24 volts of lead acid.

• Like 1

My boy rode it again today, but all my messing about last night, might have caused a loose wire, it kept cutting out..

And the frame was bent quite a lot when my mate decided to take up astrology during the day instead of riding the bike. He was lying on the road, looking at the sky .

• Like 1

Bottom view,  I shortened the handle bars/ new footpegs a few inches before fitting so you can still lean over quite far

spacer.png

Can't clear a mini lunchbox yet but before, it was scraping the ground, so major improvement.

TZndl7g.jpeg

• Like 1

this picture was supposed to be in the last post but it vanished.. 

Don't run over the mini lunchbox..a

REXDmn4.jpeg

Ok. I can't find a tape measure, but trust me, this is a major improvemen

Xd5HvxG.jpeg

• Like 1

Decided to order OE lead acid batteries to try to maintain standard electronics (and save my good 3s lipos from destruction)

They wouldn't fit inside the case as the bike frame was in the way..,......errrr I mean the footplate was in the way....

But I think I can make it fit.

AdLuvrA.jpeg

That'll do

Rocker Chopper complete..

rdugxDM.jpeg

Must try and get some better video...

Ps, I have tried it with 8s lipo....

4x 2s lipo.. so around 28-32volts

It didn't let out any smoke but the batteries weren't fully charged so it probably was around 30 volts instead of the rated 24...

Managed to get 20.2mph downhill

A big hill. Lol.

Standard scooter should do 15mph..

I was getting 13mph on a flat surface with me on it, it should be more consistent with the kids on it..

I've also strapped a motor to the go kart.

Tested today, and I think the motor propelled me to a speed where I could no longer pedal to go faster...

Only 10mph but I wasn't pedaling.. 

Success...lol

Pictures and video soon.