Hi guys,

I’ve built a TXT-2 and love the truck but getting tired of breaking the propeller shafts..Many upgrade the shafts made from Traxxas parts but I’m unsure how to do this myself.

Is anyone able to help please? I don’t mind paying someone if they can help make the shaft for me please..

Many Thanks

Where are you located? Also if you have facebook check out the txt txt 2 page. Lots of good info and people may help you. 

1 hour ago, Rb4276 said:

Where are you located? Also if you have facebook check out the txt txt 2 page. Lots of good info and people may help you. 

Hey! Thanks for the reply..

I’m located in Leicester… don’t mind travelling a bit depending upon your location either.

Yes, I’ll check FB .. good call 👍🏼

Cheers

12 hours ago, Txt_tlt said:

Hey! Thanks for the reply..

I’m located in Leicester… don’t mind travelling a bit depending upon your location either.

Yes, I’ll check FB .. good call 👍🏼

Cheers

Most on that page are US based, but i did find someone who drilled out 6mm shafts for me and i purchased a good amount of spares. 

Nice one 👍🏼 
I’ll put a post on there, but if you come across his details do please let me know.. 
Cheers

It's quite easy.

2x of Traxxas 5458X (these goes on your gear box and axles). You will need to grind your gear box to fit it, take a dremal and go easy, basically grind a bit, test fit (rinse and repeat until it fits).
2x of Traxxas 5650 (to mix and match the length you need for the rear/front shafts)
2x of Traxxas 5452 (this is to connect the 5458X and 5650 together)

I have done the mod and the only thing that I had to replace once was an e-clip and the pin that was held by it. It was probably knocked off rocks. I'm running it with dual 55T motors. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply, appreciate your input here..

I’ll definitely have a go with that with the dremal and let you know how we get on..

Can’t wait to upgrade this!

Cheers