Hi all I have a problem with me tt02r hoping someone may shed some light. So fitted ballrace diffs front and back and outdrives as supplied with ballrace kit and I had the universal steel driveshafts (cv) joints with the stock gearbox . Only to find that the steel cv would not fit the out dives but the alloy cvs would then the next problem came I snapped 4 or 5 alloy cvs . I was thinking maybe someone here may be able to help. Thanks  d 1 

Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps you can show what you mean with a picture or two? Because I've read your message several times and I don't seem to understand what you're trying to explain. 

What I do understand is that you have a TT02R, which comes with ball bearings (or ball races), but what's a ballrace kit, and what's the story with the outdrives?

From what I know, the TT02 has 2 sizes of outdrives depending on the model: smaller steel ones for metal dogbones or CVDs, and large plastic stock ones for the stock (fatter) dogbones. Which ones do you have?

I guess the issue is linked to the two different outdrive size options for the TT cars as per @DeadMeat666's post above. Are your ball diffs aftermarket ones? If so, they might be designed for use with stock TT dogbones which have balls that are a fair bit larger than the compact metal items used on the R version. But thankfully there are larger-balled steel CVDs available which ought to fit your ball diff outdrives. Photos would help to confirm. 

Hi yes they after market ball diffs and they are larger dogbones I guess I am in the middle of to world's I need a bigger dogbone on shorter drive shafts that are steel not alloy I guess no-one makes theses anywhere.  Would have to be costom made . Thanks. Mark 

43 minutes ago, Dik 1 said:

Hi yes they after market ball diffs and they are larger dogbones I guess I am in the middle of to world's I need a bigger dogbone on shorter drive shafts that are steel not alloy I guess no-one makes theses anywhere.  Would have to be costom made . Thanks. Mark 

You can get steel CVDs with the larger balls. GPM make some for example:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253686526357

Hi a thanks I ll take a look see if I can locate them . Thank you for your help and time it's very much appreciated.  D 1 

• Like 1