Sign in to follow this  
Nikko85

GF01 - Heavy Dump Truck

On 9/2/2021 at 11:20 PM, El Gecko said:

Love those Intruder tires... do you have a pic of how the chassis lines up with the 1/14 Nikko monster truck body? I'm still undecided with my Nikko conversion, these GF01 chassis look like a lot of fun! But I'm also kind of itching for a kitbash......

Hi,

I don't have a 1/14 Nikko - which model are you looking at in particular? The body works well with the QD Pumpkin and Taiyo Off Roaders, which is very similar to the Nikko Turbo Dasher. 

3 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

Hi,

I don't have a 1/14 Nikko - which model are you looking at in particular? The body works well with the QD Pumpkin and Taiyo Off Roaders, which is very similar to the Nikko Turbo Dasher. 

I think it's the Turbo Dasher that's most similar to my Big Bubba (it looks like maybe a Toyota body?)

So according to Nikko the Big Bubba was 1/14 and Turbo Dasher was 1/16, but really it's hard to know what that means, they may have had the same size body dimensions, and just different wheel bases (the Big Bubba looks a little more stretched, particularly at the front), or the Turbo Dasher was called 1/16 but it was closer to 1/14 in body size. It's not an exact science, and I no longer have the Nikko.

When I compared by Nikko TD and Pumpkin QD the QD did have a very slightly longer body, but it was very close.

Anyway, on the GF01 the QD pumpkin looks great.

So if the Big Bubba at 1/14 is close to the Tamiya QD scale of 1/14 it should work. If you can measure between the wheel arches I might get a better picture. 

Note: Although I said I didn't want to make the GF01 a monster truck, this does look quite cool. Body posts are wrong and it sits too high, but you get the idea!

z1a76bL.jpg

jR5sBT0.jpg