Still selling on ebay. Payments are in the bank next working day without fail and it has been that way for some time, now.

I've not had a single payment on hold, not sure if that's something that varies depending on selling volume or what?

Only list when they have the 80% or 70% final value fee offer which works out better than the old £1 offer used to be when paypal fees were taken into consideration. They still have the £1 offer sometimes, too, but any of those are good and make it more than worthwhile. 

I was initially reluctant about switching to managed payments due to the delays but I never for a second thought I would end up in a situation where ebay would just say "nah, we're not paying you lol" or just randomly start pilfering money from my account. 

Now the money is there next working day like clockwork. And I generally end up with MORE money from sales than I used to. I only ever used to list when they had a final value fee offer going and that's still the case, now. Only difference is I no longer have paypal fees on top.

I use facebook sometimes, too, but the lack of protection works both ways. Nothing to stop an unreasonable buyer plastering your name all over RC groups etc. I definitely still prefer to use ebay for international sales. When using ebay's global shipping program, you send it to ebay who do the international bit themselves and once they have accepted it, any issues after that are their problem, your money is safe. It's a bit pricey for the buyer (but then again, every option is post brexit) I've probably sold over 100 things this way in the last few years. Mostly to Europe but some to the USA, Japan and Russia, too. Not a single issue.

Ebay is far from perfect but it's working as well for me now as it has any other time in the past 5 years which in turn is better than the 5 years before that, before the regular final value fee promotions where I was handing WAY more over to them.

• Like 1