Sign in to follow this  
Rich427

Mk6 and Road Wizard re- release ?

I saw this yesterday, but wasn’t really sure whether it was a reference to showcasing some old models, or an indicator of some due for re-release. The Toyota racing master 6 got released again didn’t it ?), and the 7 (Newman Porsche) several years ago, albeit not really a full re-re, i.e., old body on a new chassis, so other RM’s or the same again seem quite possible. The Road Wizard seems like an unlikely re-release to me, but who knows!

I noticed this too and made an enquiry at Tamico as they are normaly good informed. They knew nothing about a rerelease. 

I noticed this the other day, too. However, the section of the video in which those cars appear has the caption 'tamiya history' at the bottom in Japanese (I don't speak Japanese, but Google translate has a handy tool that allows you to draw the characters), so maybe this is just a section of their show where they talk about old cars. 

I presume then that the wording in the description - 'Racing Master MK.6 and Road Wizard will be released!! ' - is just a dodgy translation into English. 

If you turn on the chat for the video, you can see there were lots of comments when they appeared on screen. I'm not even going to try translating them, but I bet they were asking for them to be re-released. 

Post up a link and time of where they talk about it in the clip and I can translate it for you.  

1986 March Tamiya original F1 car, Road Wizard was released.   

FRP semi double deck

Pointed out the diagonally shaped Tamiya star decal from back in the day.. .can't do it today.

Sold at 11,800 JPY included 2 bodies and 3 decal sheets.

The guy on the left won the Tamiya Aichi-Ken Hisaya-Ohdori GrandPrix and he received this kit as a prize from Tamiya.  This was the first kit he built and painted on his own and has memories of building it at his grandma's place on tatami flooring.   He wasn't familiar with F1 back then so was confused as to why the tip of the car was pointed.  :lol:

No mention of rerelease.

• Like 3

Thanks for the translation. Strange that someone added the rerelease remark while it is not mentioned in the video.