Rider400

Need help identifying parts

I recently picked up a lot of old Tamiya stuff and am looking to identify some of it. I know the one complete is either a Monster Beetle or Blackfoot, not sure which.

Can you help? Ill start with these...

20210819_163250.jpg

20210819_163256.jpg

20210819_163301.jpg

1.  Blackfoot
2.  Blackfoot
3/4.  King Cab
5/6.  Blackfoot with CCP (custom chrome products) chassis and other hip-ups.

• Like 1

Looks like a nice score!

1.  Looks like a BF with yellow MB shocks, or an MB with BF rear body mounts. Also looks like homemade skid plates and rear bumper.  Trinity HP motor!  Common hopup bitd.

2. BF chassis with some Frog parts:  MSC plate and front arm holders.

3/4. King Cab.  HPI super star wheels.  Unknown shocks???

5/6. BF.  CCP chassis (if it shows red) or a Tamiya Brat chrome edition chassis.  Likely CCP.  JG mfg rear shock mounts and body mounts.  JG front shock plate.  Duratrax(?) gold shocks.  Aluminum wheels???

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

3/4. King Cab.  HPI super star wheels.  Unknown shocks???

5/6. BF.  CCP chassis (if it shows red) or a Tamiya Brat chrome edition chassis.  Likely CCP.  JG mfg rear shock mounts and body mounts.  JG front shock plate.  Duratrax(?) gold shocks.  Aluminum wheels???

The short shocks in 5/6 look like they might be Kyosho Gold shocks. Nice score of they are. They have the springs set really hard, for some reason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yalson said:

The short shocks in 5/6 look like they might be Kyosho Gold shocks. Nice score of they are. They have the springs set really hard, for some reason.

They seem well built. I have the matching rears as well but one has a snapped top cap. Wonder if I could find a replacement somewhere.

The CCP does have some red showing. And the wheels are aluminum! Gonna build that up, maybe with a black Beetle body.

Bummer on the King Cab the tabs where the rear shock mounts to the chassis/tub snapped off. I could maybe drill thru the body and mount it up just not sure how sturdy thats gonna be.

Thanks for all the replies.

Yeah, combine it all into one BF.  It will be a nice vintage rig.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 3:13 AM, Rider400 said:

They seem well built. I have the matching rears as well but one has a snapped top cap. Wonder if I could find a replacement somewhere.

There are second-hand ones out there on eBay, but they are incredibly expensive. If they don't have all the parts you might be better off using something else. They used to be the best shocks available in the early 90s, but if you have other options I'm sure more viable replacements can be obtained now.

30 minutes ago, Yalson said:

There are second-hand ones out there on eBay, but they are incredibly expensive. If they don't have all the parts you might be better off using something else. They used to be the best shocks available in the early 90s, but if you have other options I'm sure more viable replacements can be obtained now.

Its actually just the ball joint that broke so easy fix. In fact a 2nd one broke now too, old plastic and brittle. I ordered a few aluminum ball joints to replace em all.

Know of any good newer replacement shock brands for the MB and Blackfoot?